Wrong birth weight!

Jayden'sMummy

Jayden and Macie-Leigh xx
Reaction score
:hissy::dohh: How stupid are the hospitals .. i mean come on!

They told me he was born 6lb 12oz but got weighed today (10 days old) an hes now 8lb 6oz!

How the hell is that possible?
The HV thinks that the midwife in the hospital gave me the wrong birth weight 4 him.

:hissy::hissy: an they wonder why i say i don't want anymore kids!

xx

Oh no, so what does the MW reckon was his rough birth weight?

Oh no, so what does the MW reckon was his rough birth weight?

At first she was saying it was probably 7lb 12oz but then she said even then it's still put to much weight on for 10days so she said she doesn't know, it's just one of those things....
xx

that really bites so many things ask for their birth weight

Caitlyns birth weight: 6lb15
5 days: 7lb
10 days: 7lb6
13 days: 7lb14 (8oz in 3 days!! Major growth spurt)
27 days: 9lb11
32 days: 10lb3

Don't worry chick, I'm sure he's fine!

its just annoying me because now when people ask what did he weigh when he was born - what do i say!! x

Was he weighed completely naked today? Sometimes different scales can vary quite a bit (although they shouldn't), and being weighed just after a big feed can make a difference too. After birth they are weighed in kilos and pounds, and the weight in kilos in on the label in the front of your red book, and on the blue printout you get given to take when you register him. Maybe their convertion from kilos to pounds was wrong?

Surprisingly huge difference though! x

That's strange hun! And very annoying! Go with what you think hun

Was he weighed completely naked today? Sometimes different scales can vary quite a bit (although they shouldn't), and being weighed just after a big feed can make a difference too. After birth they are weighed in kilos and pounds, and the weight in kilos in on the label in the front of your red book, and on the blue printout you get given to take when you register him. Maybe their convertion from kilos to pounds was wrong?

Surprisingly huge difference though! x

Yep he was starkers! lol no nappy or anything. just had his bum changed after a rather messy poop too an winded with a lot of sick :dohh: lol

xx

The midwife told me the wrong time, she said Hallie was born at 10.58, when I was actually washing my self at that time when i looked at my watch!!!

Awww thats rubbish :( That would really piss me off :gun:

Hm that's odd was he weighed right after eating? It could have been he was just bloated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->