wth are these little brown bugs/flies?

porkypig

Reaction score
I noticed this evening on my window seal in my bedroom these little brown bug/fly thinga and on the window- they are really small and look like a bit of fluff. I hoovered them up, went to have a shower and saw a few more even though the window was closed. Wth are they and where are they coming from? Any ideas? Xx

they could be fruit flies..
open the window & get sone air in. you dont have any damp or mould anywhere? x

they look like fruit flies but a bit smaller and dont really fly. theyre in the bedroom so and no food or anything around; got a man round sat evening and he said they look like 'confused biscuit beetles' whatever they are. it looks like they are coming from the window seal. it really stressing me out, me and my lo have slept round my mums for the past night! The man put some traps and pesticide down, so im just praying theyll go away xx

Do you have wooden windows? I found some that sound exactly like yours a couple of years ago. I googled something like "small household bugs wood" or variations of that and it turned out they were to do with wood/paper and are more prevalent during wet/damp/warm weather and completely harmless. I found them in my wicker basket in the bedroom where I keep my nappies. I still went into panic mode though and sprayed the box with flea spray which killed them instantly and them gave it a good hoover with the nozzle with brush on. Never seen them again. After finding out that they are wood/paper based insects I checked the wooden box I had in the hallway and found them there too so did the same with that.

Do you have wooden windows? I found some that sound exactly like yours a couple of years ago. I googled something like "small household bugs wood" or variations of that and it turned out they were to do with wood/paper and are more prevalent during wet/damp/warm weather and completely harmless. I found them in my wicker basket in the bedroom where I keep my nappies. I still went into panic mode though and sprayed the box with flea spray which killed them instantly and them gave it a good hoover with the nozzle with brush on. Never seen them again. After finding out that they are wood/paper based insects I checked the wooden box I had in the hallway and found them there too so did the same with that.

We haven't got wooden windows, but we've got wooden cladding under our windows and we may have a small hole near the window seal or the seal may have gone letting them on Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->