wtt #3 after 2 c sections

fuschia

Reaction score
Hello!

Bit mad I'm even in this section of the forum really considering I am sitting next to my beautiful sleeping 3 week old baby!

I just can't help but think to the future and making another bundle! I'm not comfortable with the idea I don't get to do it all again! Despite having difficult births !

So wondered of there was anyone else wtt after 2 sections ?

I'm wondering how long to leave it ? I will certainly wait 1year but I wonder if I could cope with the smaller age gap!there's 3.5 years between DD and DS. But we did try for a long time for DS and so had originally hoped for a smaller gap.

Hope to meet some people with similar thoughts !

First of all congrats on the new baby, I was thinking same after DD2 as her birth was much easier than 1st.
Not officially in WTT but if AF shows up this month, we'll be waiting till June next year to try again. I have had 2 c-sections and tbh, I am worried about increased risks but it will be our last birth tbh.
We have been trying for 18 months but I think my weight has been an issue so I am going to focus on losing some before TTC again. I didn't want DD2 to be our last tbh and I miss all the baby years. There are only 28 months between our two, and if we fall next year there will be 5yrs +2months at least between second and third.

Hi!

I've had 2 sections also and have two beautiful boys (ds1: 3yo, ds2: 5mo) :) I know exactly what you mean when you say you're not ready to say you're done. I'm the same! It makes me sad to think I won't ever be pregnant again or have the baby months/years. At 31, I feel I've still got time and then I think about how lucky I am to be blessed with two healthy children - would I be pushing my luck? Would 3 be manageable? We've got a 3 bed house so would mean 2 sharing. I sometimes wonder whether it's selfish wanting another as would mean my first two sharing more of their space, our time etc. Can we afford an extra child? All these questions, but in the back of my mind I can't help but think about 1 more. When I was pregnant with ds2, I thought even then that I'd like another. Now I know if we did then it would definitely be our last. My friends are on their 2nd babies and are sure it's their last, I didn't feel that with mine. And it's not because I want a girl, which would be lovely, but I equally love the idea of having 3 lads together and the kind of mischief they'd get up to. ;) If we did, it wouldn't be until ds1starts school so not for another 2 years at least. Can't bear to give anything away, just in case... :)

Thank you for your replies ladies.

I too felt like this when I was pregnant! I knew I wanted another.

I am one of two... I like the thought of my children having more than 1sibling. Me and my brother aren't very close but I wonder if there was another one of us... If I would have got in better with them!

I'm kind of keen to do it quite promptly... Maybe start trying June or July next year... I feel like then my family will be complete and I can start planning the rest of our family life and also where I'm going to go myself! I'd like to go back to studying.. And I can't do that of I'm planning on another baby!

Can I ask how long you were told to wait after your second sections ? I was advised 18months with my 1st but this time no one said anything !

I wasn't actually given a time period to wait after wither of my sections, I just read online that proper recovery takes at least 12 months.

I was told 18 months with the first but nothing with the second, except that I will definitely have to have c-sections with any further babies.
I agree with both of you on the reasons to have another - I worry about being stretched too far between 3 with finances, time and space, but I knew I wanted more as I come from a family of 9 and DH is 1 of 4.
We've moved recently so had to get all the baby stuff out of the loft and it brought back all the broodiness! We have out the girls in one room and all the baby stuff is in the 'spare room' and I don't really want to have to move it out of there.
I can't plan the rest of my life knowing I want another so I want to have that baby, then once they are at school full-time get to what I am doing next.
With 2 DD's, I would love to have a son but having had 2 early losses in the past year, I just want to hold my baby in my arms again.

What do your dh's think about having another..?

When I first asked what he thought about one more possible baby in the future, my dh was most concerned about finances and said he would want to build an extension as he wouldn't want then to have to share because he didn't have to as a child. As the months have gone on, he obviously thinks about it himself now. He says things like, "perhaps keep hold of baby stuff because you never know" and even said "actually I think the 2nd bedroom is big enough for bunk beds." :)

DH always wanted 3, I was the one who needed persuading with the first two! But this one I do want and he is obviously on board. He wants to get a bigger car, he made sure the house we moved too was big enough for older 2 to share a room comfortably and he has worked out when we should try to have a possible early year baby as all our birthdays fall in the later half of the year!

Sounds like you got it all set up ready! :)

I'm sorry to see you've had some heartache kcbmama, I hope you get your rainbow baby soon. <3

Fuschia - just re-read that your youngest is only 3 wks old, congrats! :)

Aw thank you kealz, it was a surprise BFP tbh and was over before we had really started to appreciate it. If anything it's made me realise how much I want a 3rd baby/child. My DD's see babies out and about and ask for a little brother or sister which I would love to give them as I know a third would slot in to our lives quite well.
We need to update our car and it would make sense to get a bigger car to accommodate another child as it is, ours only holds the 2 childrens carseats.
I am currently waiting on :af: so I can start afresh with all my WTT efforts. Going to start a journal on here to keep me busy.

My dh is pretty keen on 3! He is even coming up with suggestions for us like of it would be a good idea to get an aupair as an extra pair of hands for next time in the early days... But equally if I want to go back to study part time we will need to think a bit more carefully about child care as my job I can generally fit around my kids but studying I'd probably need to be there a few long days a week.

I too was told 18months after first but this time they only have said any more babies they will strongly advise c section.

When I look online it seems that it's more important to wait longer if you plan vbac... So I hope 1year is long enough for a def section. Although it took us 16 months to conceive this little bundle so who knows next time.

I quite like the big age gap I have (3.5 years) but then I know no different! I just feel like if we are going to have a 3rd... Let's not hang around ! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->