Wtt after 5 cycles of ttc, birth control

Abii

Mommy to 5 perfect kids & #6 otw♡
Reaction score
Hey ladies:hi: my name is Abi and my dh is Nick, we have a gorgeous dd who is almost 16 months and we were ttc for alittle over 4 months, but now decided to go back to wtt. My husbands job has been cutting his pay for the last month so its been really stressing him out and I am trying look for work. We are looking into moving so along with his pay cut makes it very hard to continue ttc even though we may want to, I just know its best if we wait and now with taking a break it also gives me the chance to start my weight loss plan with my hubs:thumbup: I am trying to look for any positives because its breaking my heart that we have to just walk away after trying so hard for 4 months:nope:
Anywho, now that we are wtt I am definitely looking into getting on a birth control again but decided I will not do the pill or have an iud so my question is, can any of you ladies shine some light on whats the best from your opinion and expierence? I kind of want the implanon but would love to hear from ladies who have expierence with it.
Thank you in advance for any answers and feel free to stick around and chat if you'd like:flower:

Hi!

I was on implanon for 5 years, just got it removed Sept 23.

I personally loved it. I had zero side effects and only saw break through spotting every year or so, so no real period. (Thats how it works. It keeps your lining from building up so no egg can attach. So you never really see periods) Another pro is that it's low-dose. So, you can become fertile again within two weeks (I did, I O's exactly 2 weeks off) and I also got my AF again only one month after getting it removed.

Although, if you are looking for short term BC, implanon is not for you. It's supposed to stay in for 3 years. Of course, you can get it removed at any point (got mine out 2 years into second one) but it sort of defeats the purpose of it. The only other BCs I have tried that I really enjoyed was NuvaRing and the Patch. Both are much easier than taking a pill every morning. :)

Hi!

I was on implanon for 5 years, just got it removed Sept 23.

I personally loved it. I had zero side effects and only saw break through spotting every year or so, so no real period. (Thats how it works. It keeps your lining from building up so no egg can attach. So you never really see periods) Another pro is that it's low-dose. So, you can become fertile again within two weeks (I did, I O's exactly 2 weeks off) and I also got my AF again only one month after getting it removed.

Although, if you are looking for short term BC, implanon is not for you. It's supposed to stay in for 3 years. Of course, you can get it removed at any point (got mine out 2 years into second one) but it sort of defeats the purpose of it. The only other BCs I have tried that I really enjoyed was NuvaRing and the Patch. Both are much easier than taking a pill every morning. :)
Thank you so much for your response was very helpful:flower: I am hoping we will start ttc after dd's 2nd birthday so that would be around end of July early Aug 2014 but who knows:shrug: I think I might try the implanon to see if I like it but Im going to do some more reasearch first. Thank you again and goodluck to you, sending lots of :dust: your way:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->