WTT after PPH w/ DD

Elliesmama

Reaction score
***warning this is a long one grab your snacks lol***

So DD is 13 mos. and DH and I are thinking about TTC sometime next year. When I delievered DD I hemorrhaged and lost around 1 liter of blood. It happened right after she came out or my placenta was delivered I can't remember. I remember being so terrified when it was happening. DH and MIL were there but they didn't know what was going on because they went with the baby to get weighed and dried off a bit.

The DR ended up stopping the bleeding after what seemed like forever but in reality was probably around 5ish 'minutes or so. I remember the nurse on top of me squeezing my uterus hard trying to make it contract. My DR ended up using cytotec (which was the same medication I was induced with) to kickstart my uterus to make it contract and stop the bleeding. I didn't end up needing a blood transfusion but I remember feeling really woozy. I didn't realize it at the time because I thought it was normal from the epidural (which I also had a weird reaction to) but when I tried to stand up and walk to the bathroom a little after DD was born to take a shower I almost fainted I blacked out and my hearing went the nurse had to sit me down on a chair.

I stayed on IV Fluids the whole night they monitored my blood pressure and heart rate. The epidural caused my blood pressure to drop a bit and so did the loss of blood. By the next day I felt a lot better and only had to stay in the hospital for 2 nights. I had a lot of bleeding the next day but the nurse said it seemed Normal. When I asked what caused it the doctor said she couldn't really tell me and sometimes it just happens. I've since moved and don't see the same doctor. I plan on talking with my new doctor about my experience and having my medical records sent to the new doctor so they can have all the information.

I'm a little nervous to TTC after this experience. My doctor told me that it isn't guaranteed to happen again and that if it did they would be prepared. I would love to have 1 or 2 other little ones but I'm so afraid of this happening again. I know I'm very lucky because it could have been much worse but I'm still very nervous... :(

My question is have any of you mamas experienced a PPH with your first pregnancy and had a totally normal pregnancy the second time around?

**I was also eating a lot of dates from 36 wks on about 6 a day. I read that it can help with a fast labor or a fast pushing phase (which I had, DD came flying out after only 3 pushes!) I also took Evening primrose oil orally every day at around 36-38 weeks I don't remember exactly when I started taking it. And I used it vaginally but only a handful of times. I read somewhere that sometimes that can cause bleeding? Have any of you had any experience with this?

TIA...and thanks for readin this novel Lol!

Pph is awful, really frightening and for me something completely new -no-one had warned that this could happen or even discussed it in antenatal classes.
I'm sorry that you have experienced it and that it has made you nervous this time around. My pph really got to me but by talking it over with a consultant I feel much better.
I have been told that they will be much more prepared and that if it does happen again there will be less panic as they will be ready for it.
I have read about ladies not having a pph with their 2nd baby and read other stories from women who did bleed again but felt it was better managed. I am nervous but really trying to remind myself that every labour is different and that the Drs will be better prepared than before.
I hope the nerves don't put you off ttc! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->