WTT and weight loss

apple84

Reaction score
Over the last 6 months I gained 7lbs. I am still within a healthy range for my age and height. I'm 24, 5'4 and 142lbs, but I would like to get back to 135lbs before I get prego. I've heard that it would be easier to lose the baby weight later if I start with less in the first place...is that true?

I want to TTC in June, so I have enough time if I try to lose the weight, but I worry that calorie restriction (even mild restriction - like 1800 calories) could have a negative effect on fertility and could use up some of my nutrient stores when I do get prego.

Should I just try to maintain weight until June and then worry about losing the lbs after baby or try to lose it now? Any advice?

I've just calculated your BMI and it's 24.4. The ideal BMI to conceive is 24, so I wouldn't loose more than 2 pouns before you TTC as less wait will actually make it harder. If you feel you need to loose more wait after the pregnancy then you can always work on it then.
Just my personal thoughts though...

I lost weight before I was pregnant and I'm finding it so much harder to lose this weight than the weight before I was pregnant!

Thanks for your replies. I think that was secretly the answer I wanted - why lose weight now? I'll be fat and pregnant soon and then I'll worry about losing it later. Feels naughty to encourage this procrastination, though.

Thanks for your replies. I think that was secretly the answer I wanted - why lose weight now? I'll be fat and pregnant soon and then I'll worry about losing it later. Feels naughty to encourage this procrastination, though.

Good point hun x

Where did you find that the ideal BMI is 24? Mine is just in the "healthy" section. Im 6ft tall and was a size 6 til a few months ago and now am a curvy size 10/12 and loving it but don't want to get any bigger. Does that mean that I need to put on however much 5 BMI thingies are?

This baby lark ain't a walk in the park, it's so confusing!!
Any help?

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"