WTT - August 2015

Jasy

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

New to the site and to this WTT forum, obviously. :haha:

Just wanted to introduce myself and see if any others are waiting till August of 2015 to try as well?

I'm Jasmine, mom to a little guy named Jacob (2.5 years old) and can't wait for us to give him a little brother or sister! Now let's just hope my OH (other half, right?) doesn't change his mind! (Again!)

Hi Jasy :hi: Welcome!!

Hubby and I are also WTT until Aug. in hopes of having a 2016 summer baby.

Hi Jasy!

I'm waiting till August too. it's nice to see my date as a forum post on the wtt page, haha! I'm very excited as the date draws near and this will be #1 for me. Very excited. Are you doing anything special to pass the time before ttc?

Hi ladies, I am aiming for August as well. If all goes well, it will be my first baby.

has anyone started taking prenatals already? If so, what are you taking? I just ordered a prenatal multivitamin and a dha & epa supplement. I also ordered a multivitamin for the DH. I think we'll start taking them in April so that'll give us 4 months of vitamins fore ttc.

What about you all?

I'm still nursing and the prenatals were making LO ill, so I'll be waiting until mid May or so to try them again.

I'm waiting for mine and OH's multivitamins in the mail - I ordered us 90 days of a Women's and Men's One-A-Day Multivitamin. When I compared the contents of this multi to prenatals, they were mostly the same. Will see how it goes for the 3 months and decide if I should switch then, or stick with it.

By then I might also consult with a doctor...Have you ladies already met with a GP or your GYN and discussed your plans? If you haven't yet, do you plan to?

Hi ladies :)
I'm waiting until august as well! It's getting sooo close, i'm really excited.

I'm in the process of changing my diet to a predominantly clean diet and getting fit. Also I need to stop smoking, but that won't be much a challenge since I don't actually smoke a lot.

OH and me have also already made a list of everything we'll need and calculated finances, opened a little "baby fund" where we will put money so we minimize the amount we might have to take from our saving :) it really feels like it's slowly starting to get serious

Hello Everyone!

My name is Kelsey and am currently waiting to try for our first baby! We got married in July last year and while we are enjoying being newlyweds we are both super excited to grow our little family. We live in Calgary Alberta.

The main reason why we are waiting is we booked our second honeymoon/last huge trip before kids to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands for June 27-July 19. We are both into scuba diving and that is the main purpose of the trip, so I am waiting until after the trip before we try to conceive.

In the mean time we are also saving like crazy, I would like to finish off our renovations we did our main floor last year but would like to do the upstairs and basement before we have a baby. We also bought me a new CRV last year that I would like to have mostly paid off before I am on a reduced income.

On the countdown now! Sooo excited!

I am actually going to pick up some prenatal vitamins at Costco this week, and along with that I am trying to eat more clean and really focus on my fitness. I would love to go into this pregnancy in the best shape of my life! Plus if I have an awesome bikini body for our trip that would be great too! I have also started to increase the amount of water I drink, trying to get into some solid good habits so I can hopefully carry them through the pregnancy :)

Nice to meet you all! Sorry about the novel!

good question Sakura15. DH and I are planning to visit the doctor for a preconception checkup, but I haven't scheduled an appointment yet. I keep procrastinating on that :dohh:

Kelsey, we will also be ttc our first, so exciting! And your second honeymoon sounds awesome. hope you have a good time, sounds like you will :)

busytulip, sorry to hear that the vitamins were upsetting your LO. Hope things go better when you try again!

Cupcake, I admire how organized you and your OH are! I don't quite have that many details straightened out, haha.

Sounds like many people are working on being fit before they get pregnant. I know that has been one of my goals too. Do you all plan to maintain some sort of fitness regime once you get pregnant? I've browsed some DVD's on amazon for something that goes by trimester. Has anyone else looked into something like that? I guess I just want to make sure i'm doing pregnancy appropriate exercises. :)

Thanks Earthylove I think it will be a blast!

Two things, I had my annual check up last week and informed my doctor at that point we would be trying to conceive in August, so he was able to do a little extra testing and give me a couple things to watch out for, but basically said call me when you are pregnant. Both the husband and I are very healthy so this was expected. His main point to me were to act like you pregnant once you start trying.

As for the exercise DVDs I have been looking into this a lot as right now I run daily but also do a Jillian Michaels DVD daily as well, so I am hoping to find something similar for pregnancy. One that have got some good reviews were body by trimester and the perfect pregnancy workout. I think I will purchase both and then a Pilates style one and a yoga style one. I think it will be nice to have some variety :) What is everyone else thinking?

Is anyone contemplating getting a doula? I would love to have a natural pain med free birth but with both my mom and my husbands mom needing c sections I don't like my chances, plus I have quite narrow hips... So was reading that maybe a doula would be handy.

It is so nice to have a place to chat about this stuff, I think my husband is done with hearing about it, so I am trying to just enjoy the time I have with him before we start trying then we can talk more baby ha ha.

earthylove, thanks :) it is more my boyfriend though. His main concern and reason for waiting is finances, so he wants to know what he's getting into and be as prepared as possible.

I would love to keep some sort of exercise regime during pregnancy so being fit to begin with is probably going to help.

Hi ladies!

Cupcake - that's a great idea. I have thought a lot about childbirth expenses for a while, especially since I hope to go to the UK for it. I really didn't think about pricing what the LO will need once he/she is out, since we only just decided on August a couple weeks ago. Next page on the spreadsheet is officially started :winkwink:

mrsjarebear - we will also be having a fun summer trip just before. I've also decided to go do my PADI open water over Easter. So happy I will get to do it before TTC, and really looking forward to it! Good luck with the renovations.

And I'd love to have a doula. In fact, I'd love to have a home-birth in water. I know that will depend on many things that I won't know until I go through the pregnancy, but I'm hoping that being in great health will help my chances. I'd be really happy with a birthing centre attached or near to a hospital - best of both worlds, I think.

On the topic of exercise, no thoughts yet really on what I'll do once pregnant. What I do right now is effective for me but relatively gentle - running & pilates a few times a week, a bit of yoga. I will probably find a prenatal class for pilates and yoga, I don't know how long I'll keep running though...gotta do some research.

I will make an appointment with the clinic soon to get my IUD removed mid-April. After that I will probably see my GP for a check-up, and then find a private OB/GYN by May/June, I think...

Just confessed to OH tonight that I got a BBT thermometer and plan to chart my temperature over the coming months to get to know my cycle...and amazingly he took me completely seriously and said it sounded like a great idea. He also said I shouldn't worry too much - that I'm naturally meant to be pregnant and he thinks it will all go smoothly. When he left the room I had to pinch myself and just sat there basking in the glow of how naturally the conversation went - I can hardly believe we really are planning to TTC in the near future, and he's entirely on board!

Hi to the new ladies! :wave:

When I was in for my 6 week PP check at my OB's office he said "see you in January unless you become pregnant again" LOL So I don't think I'll be making a specific appointment before we start TTC.

As far as exercise, right now I just walk and do yoga. I'm hoping to begin swimming as that was very helpful before I became pregnant this last time. As long as things are going well I will continue with that same exercise regimen while pregnant.

No doula here. I had a lovely natural birth in the hospital. I am considered high-risk so birthing elsewhere isn't an option. A water birth sounds amazing though. I'm curious to hear everyone else's thoughts on how they would prefer to labor/deliver.

i would love to have a doula! I'm really hoping for a home water birth or perhaps a birth center birth. My dream would be homebirth, though. Like Sakura, I'm hoping that if i stay really healthy then i'll have a good chance of being able to do that.
I've done some research for midwives in my area and fortunately i do have some options. I also plan to do "hypnobabies" to help with the labor. i hear it really makes a difference in managing pain and discomfort! I'm definitely up for trying it since i plan/hope to go med free for my labor.

That sounds wonderful Earthy. Recovery went amazingly well with my unmedicated births, I just felt so much better. I'm not completely against pain medication though as I've done both ways. I just prefer going as natural as possible. I've heard great things about hypnobirthing, is that something that your SO would be on board for helping you with-or would you require someone else?

I really think he would be on board once I or someone else was able to explain it to him, otherwise he might think it sounded kind of hokey. I haven't brought it up to him yet because i'd rather have the conversation when there's more precedence, but i anticipate having to really explain what it is before he gets on board. We shall see! I don't think there will be a lot of push back though. fingers crossed. lol. He does want to be involved in the birth/labor process so i know whatever we do, he'll be involved somehow :).

Hello, i keep moviendo through groups. The original plan was to start in December, then October, but now I moved it again to august/September. I already have a little boy who will be 2 in April. I'm working full time and doing a full time MSc along with it. I'm finishing year 1 at the end of April, but would like to have year 2 finished competed before the baby is here.

I'm not planning on taking anything or doing anything before hand. First time around I did for the first few months then got lazy until I got pregnant. So this time around I'll wait for my bfp. I would like to lose a few pounds but for myself really hehe.

How are you working AND studying full-time, MollyMalone? I'm going part-time and it's a killer, lol. Will finish coursework in June, but I doubt the thesis will be 100% done before baby if things go right. Hopefully in editing and review stage. Much more flexibility with time there though so I don't mind.

In other news, I just ordered up OH a batch of his once-upon-a-time favourite condoms, so they'll be ready at hand when I come off the Mirena next month. He hasn't used them in 4 years. Makes me giggle a little to think of going back to the way things were in our early days. Might be fun for a few months :)

I don't know, I basically have no life. Its a taught MSc but we HAVE to be working in order to get into the course. We only have lectures once a week so most of the work its independent. The full time status is based on credits and the hours of independent work. I know that once it's over with I'll be glad I did it, but I kinda question myself at times. The hardest part is the amount of time away from DS, but I do what I can. I changed to a lower paying job because in the previous place some weeks I was working 60 hours, a lot of night shifts..etc. I was a zombie and wouldnt see DH for days.

What are you doing yours in?

What condoms? I still have some in a drawer from when I was breastfeeding and decided to stop the minipill (kept forgetting to take it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->