WTT based on season?

babysaa

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!:wave:

I'm just curious about something, I had my DS in November and I found having him at the end of fall almost winter a little hard just because of the winter months and the cold we were stuck in doors a lot. It also didn't help with the baby blues that came after having him.

We had been trying for a few months for our first so I wasn't too concerned but now that will be trying for our second hopefully sometime next year I was just wondering if you found it easier (emotionally) having a baby in the spring/summer months.

I had my daughter at the end of May, and found it so much easier than I what I imagine having a baby in winter would be. We went out to our city's Little Italy section the day after we got home from the hospital and just strolled around in the sun (I regretted it the next day due to the pain, but the chocolate cake was worth it!), enjoying pastries and being a new family. There was no worrying about bundling her up or wondering if she was too cold. I definitely would prefer another sun baby, especially so I can start going on walks again immediately. :)

If you could guarantee that you could get pregnant easily, I'd definitely prefer to have my baby in the warmer months!

But when you're desperately trying you'll take anything :baby:

I won't lie - I loved having a summer baby... sadly I had a MMC for what would have been my second (was due in July) and am very happy with a November baby... sure aiming for seasons would be nice but personally I wouldn't waste any time trying... However my SIL deliberately avoided March as she didn't want an Xmas baby... Each to their own. :)

I have two sons, first born in july and the second in January. It is different having baby in the summer. I didnt feel much difference motionaly but the difference concerning what I was able to do was there.
Son #1 in july - I was able to go and take strolls with him in his pram just 2 weeks after I had him, would have gone earlyer but I had him via C-section. It was realy nice having so small one in the summertime, easy to just having him in the pram while I was sitting in the sun. And in the winter he was bigger and it felt kind of more ready to handle the winter (here it gets realy cold and snows alot).
With the other I was not able to go out as soon or as mutch as with the older one. It kind of was like since I didnt start having strolls early on I didnt get it in the rutine so I didnt get as mutch exercise. On the other hand in the summer he was about 6 months old, he could sit on a blanked in the garden in the sun, we went swimming and traveled and so on. It was nice too and the next winter he was mutch bigger.
But If we eventualy try for #3 I am going to try having it about april-august, summerish months. It felt better, it would fit better and it is easyer to get them in daycare here if born thouse months.

My DS was born mid April and was wonderful! Other than the snow storm the day we brought him home, the weather was fantastic! We were able to get outside once I healed and felt like walking. However, we are both sensitive to the heart so once summer hit we've been stuck inside s lot. With the next one, I would love a late June or July baby if I was able to choose. Nice weather at end of pregnancy to walk, inside during summer heat and back outside once healed and heat breaks.

My boys are September and December, neither planned that way but I was pleased as it meant they would be the eldest in the school year, the nice thing as well was that we were out the "tough" 6 months by summer, I just buckled down and got through it then by Spring/Summer they were older that we could enjoy the summer more. Having said that if we were to have another baby I would opt for spring/early summer I think it would help my mood and breaks up the birthdays it's expensive enough having a Christmas baby lol, DH and I have fallen first cycles both times so it would be somewhat realistic for us to aim for a certain time though of course never guaranteed.

I've often thought about the fact that if I conceive in the winter, I'll be pregnant in the summer, which would suck. But other than that no. I figure I'll be scared to take baby out at first so it being the winter would be fine. Then he/she is a little older it will be warm.

Thanks ladies, loved reading all the posts and your comments. Most of you have said you found it easier during the spring/summer months which is what I'm leading towards next year when we start trying for #2.
My DS is a very good baby he has been from day 1 but I noticed that the first 5-6 months were a little bit easier not just with him sleeping a lot more but he wasn't as fussy like he is now. Its been easier now during the summer months for other reason like he can actually enjoy being outdoors having fun doing things but I think I would love having a newborn during the summer months.
Thank you all for your comments.

I'd prefer to avoid the worst months here (november-february). I get very depressed during winter (I'm a summer baby afterall ;P) and I think that with baby blues it could get ugly... Right now I'm hoping for august-september

If I could choose I wish I could have a spring baby, it's means that once I'm up for it I can go out walking with the baby and doggy to loose the baby weight! I also would like it to be nice weather as I am a December baby and I always wished I could celebrate it with a BBQ. But it's freezing so I've never been able to do that x

I have a spring and a summer baby. Both were good. I loved that when my LO's woke for the day at 5.30 it was light- starting the day when it is still dark bums me out! Being able to get out for walks, to sit and play in the garden and just be outside really helped in those early weeks. It was especially helpful when we had our 2nd as I was able to sit in a chair in the garden while she cluster fed and DS could play in his paddling pool, dig in the garden, run around kicking a ball, generally burn off energy- and not mess the house up :haha:. It helped me to not feel like he was being restricted in what he could do which I would have done if we'd had to stay in the house. I got pretty savage baby blues for the first 10 days while my hormones settled and I know that if it was bleak outside that would ave made me feel worse- I get a little bit blue when it's misserable anyway.
Plus I'm a summer baby and I loved having my birthday far away from Christmas, it spread the fun out and meant I didn't have to wait 11 months for presents :haha:.

I have a spring baby and I loved it. I found the nights to be REALLY hard, so getting those extra daylight hours kept my spirits up a bit. It gets dark at like 4:30pm here in the winter so I imagine that would be a little depressing. Not sure I would specifically avoid winter months though for TTC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->