WTT Because You Need to Lose Weight?

N

NewlyHopeful

Just wondering if there is anyone else waiting to try, because you need to drop some pounds?

I have been TTC for about 5 months now, and I went to the doctor two weeks ago and found out that I had gained 8 lbs in a month! Shocking!!!!

So she put me on some meds (phentermine). but she said no more TTC until I am off the meds.

Anyone else tried this med?

What are you doing to lose weight?

Anything specific for preparing for pregnancy?

I held my friends 4 month old on Friday- talk about motivation!!!

Hiya hun, losing weight isn't the main reason I'm WTT, but I would love it if I could drop a few before we TTC (won't be for another 1-2years yet, so it should be fine by then - hopefully!)

I haven't tried that medication, but I'm just going to the gym and trying to eat healthily, which is hard for me as I'm a VERY fussy eater :| lol xx

Yessss, me here!

I've always been overweight but since living with my OH 2 years ago, my weight has sky rocketed and now I feel like a bus lol. The doctor recommended I lose 2.5 stone, but I'd like to lose a lot more than that. I'm hoping I'll be able to get it all off by the end of the year, but I don't know if that's a bit optimistic.

Good luck to all dieting WTTers!

Losing weight isn't why we're WTT but I would like to lose some before we try. I bought a cross trainer last weekend so I've been using that and trying to eat more healthily as well.

Oh definetely. I don't want to gain weight on top of weight. I'm trying to loose 40lbs by end of summer

I'm trying to lose about 60 lbs before the end of the year. It's possible, but I have to keep at the diet and exercise. I went to the gym today even though I really REALLY didn't want to. Yay! Go me!

How many pounds are in a stone?

I'm trying to lose about 60 lbs before the end of the year. It's possible, but I have to keep at the diet and exercise. I went to the gym today even though I really REALLY didn't want to. Yay! Go me!

How many pounds are in a stone?

There are 14 pounds in a stone.

We have a 9 month old baby called Ben. DH wants to start TTC now but I would like to loose some weight first. I had a c-section with Ben and I really struggled with the pain afterwards, mainly because the lower part of my stomach hangs over so my scar had a lot of pressure on it. Although I don't want a c-section with my 2nd baby I need to be realistic and there maybe a chance that I do have to have one. I also couldn't lay down on a bed for the 1st two weeks after having Ben, the pressure of my stomach was just too much, fortunately we had a lazy boy electric reclining arm chair and sofa which were god sends and we sent the 1st two weeks sleeping in the living room, I was in the arm chair and DH was on an airbed on the floor and Ben was in his carry cot.

I’m actually joining weight watchers next so hopefully it won’t be too long before we TTC.

One of my co-workers is doing weigtht watchers. She is doing OK, but I think she might take the eat anything you want part a bit too far. She sometimes spends all her points on fast food then has no points left for the day. n

I am counting calories and exercising. I track on sparkpeople.com

Hi I am taking my last pill tonight and then will be tracking my cycles hopefully wont take to long to get back to normal. I would like to lose about 2 - 2.5 stone, last time i lost 3 stone on slimming world was really good plan but cant seem to get myself focused, am hoping that ttc will be a great incentive.

Newlyhopeful - is that website free to join and track your weight and does it work out how many calories you should eat a day?

good luck to you all x

while i'm wtt i want to loose about 2 stone before next feb i think. Just so when i am pregnant i don't go upto 15st again x good luck to all of you x

Yes! It is totally free. You can track your calories, exercise, and supplement your social networking fix too. There are all kinds of forums, online activities and articles.

I'm in the same boat, although I'm about 100 pounds over the ideal weight for might height (I blew up on the mini pill. I put on 50 lbs. in 4 months) but I think my doctor would be happy if I lost 60 lbs. So far I've lost 6. (It's going to be a long wait at this rate).
I've been going to Weight Watchers and working out in my company's gym during my lunch break. (And I love my Wii Fit when I'm at home).
I'm still moving forward with my plans to TTC but I'm going to keep trying to lose weight until I get pregnant.

NewlyHopeful - Do you mind if I ask what the medication is for? (Sorry, I'm nosey)

It helps keep me from being hungry all the time! So far it is working really well. I am almost never hungry. That doesn't mean I don't eat- it just makes it easier to make better choices plan my meals. I am such an impulse eater. I am hoping during the couple of months that I am on this med that I will develop some new eating habits and a taste for some healthier foods. It's the whole eat to live- not live to eat thing...

When I was at the doctor a couple of weeks ago I also had blood work to check my thyroid and for diabetes. I was crazy hungry all the time. I am going to get my results on Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->