WTT but have a question

Hermione394

Reaction score
So my husband and I are WTT until I'm released to TTC by my surgeon (I had Gastric Bypass last June and have to wait until I am 12-18 months post-op).

One issue has been on my mind lately though, and I worry that it'll hurt our chances.

When I was 17, I got pregnant. I never got around to telling my parents, because the day I found out there was an altercation at home and I got pushed over a chair...following that I had the heaviest period of my life and miscarried.

Since it was so early in the process, I never told anyone. My parents were strict Italian-Irish Catholics and abusive. I kept it bottled up for a long time, and never told doctors either. It wasn't until recently that I had even been able to talk about it with my husband and best friend.

My worry though, is since I never received medical attention after my miscarriage, would that prevent me from getting pregnant again? This was about 9 years ago, and it was fairly early in the pregnancy (definitely less than 12 weeks). I just don't know how this works....

Thanks everyone :flower:

I am sure that you will be alight. I just had a natural miscarriage at home and did not have any medical attention either because my midwife abandoned me. She acted like the whole thing was no big deal. Lots of women have miscarriages before they even know that they are pregnant. I wouldn't worry about it. and FX for when you do decide to TTC.

I'm so sorry for what you've been through! Hugs!

Most women I know who have had MCs didn't bother with medical attention afterward. I didn't with my most recent one, and the only reason I did with the one prior to that is because there were some pretty big complications.

I wouldn't stress about it. Easier said than done, but it would be very unlikely that it would have caused any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->