WTT but possible happy accident. Unsure.

AussieBub

Mum to 2DD & 1DS
Reaction score
Hey ladies, I have a bit of personal dilemma.

TMI part, on the 26th my partner and I were having protected sex and it was pretty tiring. So tiring that as soon as we finished, we both fell asleep....whilst he was still inside me. He of course went soft but the condom didn't fall off. It slid down maybe 25% but didn't come off completely. At the time we didn't think anything of it but now im late and having some strong pregnancy symptoms.

AF was due on the 19th and it's showing zero signs of starting. Did the maths and I should've ovulated around the 1st meaning there is a good chance that any sperm that escaped the condom could've survived long enough for ovulation (maybe).

Implantation would've been around the 10th-12th. I've been seriously exhausted every single day lately and when I asked my partner last night how long the fatigue had been going on for. (He didn't know the implantation date) he said about 1.5-2 weeks. Putting us right around implantation time. I wake up exhausted and suffer headaches every day. I've had on/off nausea but don't vomit (except for one time last sunday). Mood is a rollercoaster to the say the least. And heartburn is on/off

Anyway, I took a pregnancy test today and it was a BFN but I'm not convinced. I mean, I don't FEEL pregnant (despite the symptoms) but I don't believe the test was right. I've had a pad on in case AF arrives and all I've seen if a few tiny marks of brown blood. Which makes me think spotting but again, not convince im actually pregnant. My partner and I weren't trying but I'd love it if I was pregnant (already have one daughter). He'd be happy too but we're not in the right place financially to have another child so that's why we weren't trying.

I don't know what to think or feel right now. I'm so confused. When I told my partner that the test was negative, I said that would be the end of it and we could move on and not worry about it but I can't stop thinking about it. I just don't believe the test was right. I'm planning on waiting 3 days and testing again but in all honesty, it's driving me insane. I just needed to get it off my chest without worrying my partner and I figured this was the safest place to let it all out. Anyway, sorry for the long post but yeah, had to get it out.

Any thoughts on the situation at all?
-AussieBub

Little update. Last night I ended up being sick twice and had quite a bit of pinching in my uterus. Mostly strong pinches on the left side but still a few niggles on the right side as well. Still unsure what to believe though. Any thoughts?

-AussieBub

Still no AF? Have you taken another test? Good luck!

Still no AF, not tested again yet. Honestly afraid to. Pinching and niggling in the uterus continues as does the on/off nausea. (TMI) My underwear is also constantly moist feeling which makes me think possible watery cm. No more signs of brown spots of blood either. I am starting to believe it could be real but I'm too scared to test and see another BFN.

-AussieBub

Personally I'd test again, first thing in the morning. Failing that if you still don't come on pop to the GP?

Hope you feel better soon either way sweetie xx

I second this ^

Test first thing in the morning, with your first pee of the day on an early pregnancy test brand and see what you get. Don't be scared. There are many other women on the forum that will support you - and are probably in your shoes - during your pregnancy, should you have happened to become pregnant by accident. If you don't chart or take OPKs then you can really only speculate when you ovulated or when implantation may have occurred, and it may have occurred later than you thought, in which case you'd get a positive test well after your missed period. Are you periods ever late or are you pretty regular?

Hey ladies, hope you all had a lovely christmas/boxing day.

New update: Last night my partner and I DTD and later when I went to the toilet and wiped there was tiny, tiny streaks of pinkish, red blood mixed in with a bunch of clear cm. When I saw it I immediately believed I was pregnant because I know it's a normal occurrence after sex because when pregnant there's increased blood flow to the pelvic area and it's very easy to pop a blood vessel. So yeah I felt 100% sure I was pregnant.

Until this morning. When I tested. 100% BFN! :( 8 Days late now and absolutely zero sign of AF coming. The blood streaks were literally only present for the first toilet trip after sex and haven't been there since. My nausea has been gone over christmas but I've had a lot of heartburn (usually wake up with it) and I've been on/off constipated. Apart from that and the odd pinches/niggles in my uterus, I don't really have any pregnancy symptoms. Although my partner did show me a video last night that was supposed to be funny but I ended up getting really upset at it and crying my eyes out.

But yeah, back to doubting I actually am pregnant. And to answer your question lilmisscaviar, my periods used to be every 31 days like clockwork but this year they've been slightly irregular. Usually I'll be 1 or 2 days late but still showing signs of AF arriving so I never think otherwise. I did have one month were I was over 2 weeks late but showed no pregnancy symptoms so even then I didn't think I was. My hair was falling out and I'd suddenly put on a lot of weight because of a very stressful and emotion time I'd been through so we knew that had caused the missed period.

But yeah, sorry for the long post but no confirmation yet. My partner says to keep testing and apologized because he bought the cheapest pregnancy test he could find at the supermarket. It's a blue dye test and he didnt know pink dye tests are better. I'll wait another 3 days and if no AF, i'll test with a FRER. The only good news that has come out of all this is the fact that my partner has grown to love the thought of us having a baby and said he'd be so genuinely upset if I wasn't that he wants to start trying now. I suggested leaving it to fate and just NTNP for a while and he agreed to that. So yeah, if I'm not pregnant now, hopefully some time in the New Year I will be.

Sorry for the long post but thank you all for the support you've given. I really appreciate it and it is helping me not go crazy whilst stuck in Limbo.

-AussieBub

Whenever I've been late and wondering if I could be pregnant I've been hyper-sensitive to possible pregnancy symptoms because I'm really looking for them. I think in some ways it can be a self-fulfilling prophecy. I've also come to learn that a lot of my "I'm super late but on the verge of finally getting my period" symptoms are very similar to pregnancy symptoms.

I usually wait 10 days or so to test when I'm late (I've been up to two weeks late probably 5 or 6 times over the past few years) and once I get my BFN I let go of the idea that I could be pregnant and usually get my period in the next day or two.

I think that you're still holding on to the possibility might be continuing to delay it. Stressing about whether your period is going to show up or not can make it not show up. I've always found that to be the case with myself.

I think you might need to pop in to see a doctor if you're not convinced by the pregnancy tests you're taking at home - you'll get a definitive answer either way.

Please don't apologise AussieBub - it's what we're here for :) <3

I'm so sorry to hear that you still have no answers :( I could imagine how stressful that must be. I would go to the doctor if you haven't received a positive after 2 weeks of being late just to see what is going on. Hopefully it is AF just being stubborn. Good luck and keep us posted!

10 days late now so decided to take another test. Used a Clear Blue digital test and decided that whatever the result would be the decisive answer. It was a BFN! Guess my body is just being an absolute B***h to me this month. Still having the odd strong pinches in the uterus but I'm just ignoring them from now on.

If this experience has bought anything other than frustration and shattered emotions, it's that it's bought clarity to my partner and I. He said it's made him realise he's ready to try and even though I suggested NTNP, it pretty clear that he actively wants to try. So when my body stops playing horrible tricks with me, we're going to start actively trying for baby #2. That thought actually makes the BFN today easier to accept.

Anyway thanks for all your support ladies. You really helped keep me sane through all this.

-AussieBub

Sorry about the :bfn:! :hugs:
I went through a possible "happy accident" this month too and it made my partner and I realize that we do want another baby, we're just not ready right now so I'm grateful for that much at least even though I wasn't pregnant. I'm glad that it made you and your OH realize that you were ready to start trying. Best of luck and lots of :dust: for your 1st cycle TTC! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->