Wtt for #2 stressed!

acherontia87

Mum to a boy and WTT
Reaction score
This is going to sound silly but deciding when to ttc #2 is stressing me out and I have been thinking about it alot. We are deffo wtt as we want more children but it's just a case of when.
I have always wanted 2 close together, as close as possible. So they can be into similar things of their age, keep eachother company.
Ideally I would like to start ttc second half of next year so there will be a 2 ish year age gap.

I'm just worried about the influence OH's family have had on him about when he wants to try again though. His sister was saying how she thought a 4 or 5 year age gap was the best because she couldn't cope with a baby and a toddler, and you could get to spend all day with your baby while your other child is at school. OH just seemed to agree with her without even thinking about it. She even said something like don't go getting pregnant again.
Having a 5 year age gap in my opinion for what I want for our family is far too big. BTW before OH's sister said this he was really happy about having another in a couple of years. :(

So ideally I am WTT June-December 2010 :happydance:

Aw hun :hugs:
It's a decision you need to make together, just because one person doesn't like the thought of 2 close in age doesn't make it a bad idea!

If he does start getting itchy feet just remind him of all the reasons he wanted to start ttc #2 next year in the first place x

We'll also be trying late summer/autumn next year as like you, I want a 2yr age gap

I think a 2yr gap is perfect, while i think its nice to have a big gap as its easier and the other will understand more of whats happening. I think its nicer to be together so they are more friends...

I would say to him that you want them to be close so that they can play together and if you go on holiday somewhere you dont have to plan for an older child and a baby it makes things easier if they are closer in age. Like all the baby stuff you have can be used again otherwise you would have to store it away for 5 years or even throw it away and spend more money buying new stuff :lol: All the stuff that works on men :)

Thanks :D! I think 2 years between LO's is perfect! Discussed it with OH earlier he said, how about we try when Theo turns 2, which would mean we start ttc March 2011, still making it a 3 year age gap if we conceive within a few months. I'm sure I can bring it back a few months though hehe. I'm glad he wasnt still thinking about a huge gap :)! Kept all our baby clothes and gonna keep all the toys/cot/steriliser etc :D. Thinking of starting a wtt journal x

sounds good I want a small age gap too.. If everything goes to plan Euan will be around 21-22 months when our next one is born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->