WTT for #2

rbourre

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is my first post in WTT. Here's a bit of background about me.

I have 1 daughter, Aimee. She was born September 4, 2012 by emergency c-section. I found out I was pregnant on July 15, went for an ultrasound July 25 and found out I was 23 weeks 6 days pregnant. We thought maybe around 11-12 weeks since I had irregular periods and that was the guess based on blood work. I was on the pill when I got pregnant, but had stopped it shortly after and figured I got pregnant in that time, but was wrong. We quickly started to prepare for baby, when we found out at 28 weeks that I had pre-eclampsia and was put on hospital bed rest. My daughter was born at 29w5d.

We are starting to think about baby #2. Now that our daughter is 14 months, I am looking at going back to work (I just finished college when I had Aimee). I need to get 600 hours in so I can get maternity leave pay next time. Once I find a job, we will wait 4-6 months and then start trying. I have baby fever bad and really want to find a job asap so we can start trying soon. I'm also terrified because of my first being a preemie. I am determined that baby #2 will make it to at least 37 weeks. We really want to have a boy so we have one of each.

Welcome! That sounds like quite a ride! Good luck on the job search! Just keep putting yourself out there and dont give up!

I am WTT too. We are going on a cruise this summer that FIL/MIL are paying for for the entire immediate family on DH's side and I want to go zip-lining in Mexico. And that gives me plenty of time to get my head around the thought of having another baby with every activity I do throughout the day.

Welcome.
Your first pregnancy sounds a bit of a roller coaster. I'm Sure your next will be smoother

Hi! :) I'm also waiting. My boy was born September 18. Also early. 36+1. I'm hoping my second will be full term. Though we didnt have many issues. Just jaundice that was caught late and breastfeeding/latch issues.
I think well ntnp in April.

Welcome! That sounds like quite a ride! Good luck on the job search! Just keep putting yourself out there and dont give up!

Thank you. I hope to find a job soon.

I am WTT too. We are going on a cruise this summer that FIL/MIL are paying for for the entire immediate family on DH's side and I want to go zip-lining in Mexico. And that gives me plenty of time to get my head around the thought of having another baby with every activity I do throughout the day.

A cruise sounds great. I am hoping we can go on a trip around July to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary. Maybe I will get pregnant on our trip.

Welcome.
Your first pregnancy sounds a bit of a roller coaster. I'm Sure your next will be smoother

Thanks. It definitely was, but will proper monitoring and care, I am certain my next will be better.

Hi! :) I'm also waiting. My boy was born September 18. Also early. 36+1. I'm hoping my second will be full term. Though we didnt have many issues. Just jaundice that was caught late and breastfeeding/latch issues.
I think well ntnp in April.

Glad you didn't have many issues. My daughter is very healthy for being born at 29 weeks. She has a hole in her heart but it is not affecting her at all so they are leaving it alone for a couple of years. She had jaundice too. We had major breastfeeding issues. She had a bad tongue tie that wasn't diagnosed until she was 4 months old. I pumped for her for 6 months.

:wave: hello, we're WTT #2 also :) your first pregnancy sounds like it was so stressful. You only had a few weeks of knowing you were pregnant before you gave birth. What a tough time that must have been for you both. I really hope your next pregnancy is a full term one :thumbup:

My son was born in 2011 after 2 years of TTC. My waters broke at 14 weeks and whilst I had low fluid throughout I did go on to have a full term pregnancy and an uncomplicated birth which I'm so thankful for.

My son has been unwell physically and developmentally since then. He has several problems and we are currently undergoing genetic testing. We were TTC for almost a year but decided to stop as we don't know where our son's problems will take us. He is our first priority so we are going to wait until we are able (if we're able) to have another child. I am not fussed on gender, but I feel we will have another boy.

Waiting to TTC #2 here! :hi:

Your first pregnancy sounds stressful, but try not to worry about the next - every one is different! I have kidney disease and high blood pressure so was considered high risk right from the get go. Our goal was to make it to 34 weeks and we passed that! I was scheduled to be induced at 37 weeks because my health was starting to go downhill fast and I was on very high doses of blood pressure medication though I never got pre-e it was still very high. The day I was supposed to be induced the hospital was too busy so it got pushed to the following day. Then at 5am that morning, I went into labor! My labor went great! My blood pressure was under control and all was good. Because you had pre-e and if you start planning, you can better prepare. Things like baby aspirin can actually help prevent pre-e (some docs say anyways! I was on it.). So try not to stress :)

We are hoping to start trying around April. Our little guy will be 1 in May. I hope for a girl next time - would love one of each since I don't think we will have more than two. But little boys are super fun, so really, I won't be disappointed either way.

Good luck with the job search!

We are WTT for number 2 as well. Had my son October, 22 2012 at 39 weeks with a c-section. I finish school this March and am going into a new career field so I want to get settled in my new position as a medical assistant and to get another place. So i'm looking at spring 2015 maybe :)

We're WTT #2 too, although we won't be trying until at least spring 2015.

Your first pregnancy sounds like it was a real whirlwind!

Welcome! This is my first post here as well.

I have a daughter who just turned two, and my DH and I have been talking about when we will start trying for our next child (looks like Summer/Fall 2014).

I had complications during pregnancy (hydronephrosis in me, and IUGR for my DD), so I also have apprehensions about being pregnant again.

Can't wait to get to know you better!

Welcome! This is my first post here as well.

I have a daughter who just turned two, and my DH and I have been talking about when we will start trying for our next child (looks like Summer/Fall 2014).

I had complications during pregnancy (hydronephrosis in me, and IUGR for my DD), so I also have apprehensions about being pregnant again.

Can't wait to get to know you better!

I'm hoping by summer we can start trying.

My daughter had IUGR too. She was 2lbs 2oz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->