WTT in Thirties? Worried about bio-clock

SilverWillow

1 girl, cooking #2
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I'm new to B&B and hoping that finding others in my situation wil stop me from going mad waiting!

I am 33 and due to my situation I have to wait for probably another 6 months to a year before TTC baby no1. Is there anyone else over 30 in my situation?

People are constantly telling me not to leave it too much longer. Also I want 2 or 3 children and wonder how old I'll be by the time I get to number 3! :cry:

SWxxx

Hi there,

I'm not in my 30's but just wanted to mention that in my antenatal classes last year I was the only person under 30 out of 10 women. The oldest lady in the group was 43. I can empathise with your concern but so many women in their 30's and 40's have children. If you want to put your mind at rest and know where you stand it is possible to have your fertility level checked. Chances are you'll be pregnant before you know it once you start ttc though.

Lx

I'm 30 (31 in March) and I will be starting TTC in January. We want 4 children so we'll have a busy few years.

It doesn't get easier to conceive in your thirties...but it sure as heck isn't a crazy idea. So many people are waiting until they are in their thirties now. I think 30 is the new 20! I do get worried every now and then as well...but no point in worrying. I can't go back in time and I can't do anything about it now. All I can do is wait and hope for the best when the time comes.

6 months to a year is not a long time (easier said I know).

You will be fine. I am 35 right now and I had my first baby this year at 34. We are TTC in Feb #2 and I would love 3 kids but I think we are going to stick with 2 due to my age. I got pregnant in the first cycle of trying last time so I am hoping it will happen quickly next time too.
The only thing I hated was at midwife appointments etc they did go on a bit more about fetal abnormalities etc with the stats rising for probs.

There is also a thread in this section called WTT 30s group I think, there are lots of us on there so your most definitely not alone.

Hi, I'm not myself but my mum had my little brother when she was 36 - and this was 15 years ago. Hope this helps a little :) :hugs:

I'm 32 (will be 33 in march) and currently ttc #1. Just like goddess, we want two kids and I told him we had to get to moving before it got too late. It's not that I don't I can't have any kids as I get older but as a personal thing, I don't want to be that old with children.

Thanks for all your replies, it is great to hear that there are others in my position. I know I have nothing to worry about really but my body has just got to that point where it is constantly screaming "I want babies!!!". I'm sure you all know what I mean! :winkwink:

Thanks and hope to be with some of you in the TTC section soon!

SW xx

Hi :hi:

I am due in a moth and a half and will be 33 in January. I thought it would take me a lot longer TTC as I was over 30 but I honestly think it just depends on the individual. I know women in their mid 20s who have had horrendous complications, women in their late 20s who are finally trying IVF in their mid 30s and women in their LATE 30s who conceived with NO problem and sometimes by accident.

Stressing will do no good. We're told constantly to have a baby before 30 but society isn't geared up for that, especially if you're the type of person who wants to make sure everything's in place to give your baby the best start in life, which means basically sorting your own life out first. I think we're all aware that there is a ticking biological clock in all of us but it's just not something we get to know baout until it's time. Keep your head up and don't worry. 6 months will fly by, trust me!

Hi Ladies,

I'm new to B&B and hoping that finding others in my situation wil stop me from going mad waiting!

I am 33 and due to my situation I have to wait for probably another 6 months to a year before TTC baby no1. Is there anyone else over 30 in my situation?

People are constantly telling me not to leave it too much longer. Also I want 2 or 3 children and wonder how old I'll be by the time I get to number 3! :cry:

SWxxx

Welcome SilverWillow, i wouldnt worry at all about your biological clock im 38 now, i was 21 when i had my first, 25 when i had my second, 35 when i had my third and im now trying for my last little cherub, i found it harder to conceive in my twenties then it did for my last one, i think its all down to how you feel in yourself. wishing you lots and lots of:dust: when the times ready! -x-

My mum had my little sister a month before she turned 38, so you still have plenty of time, don't worry :)

My son was born in July and I turned 36 last month. I got pregnant very first time we tried (I don't mean first cycle, I mean first TIME!), I have only one tube and one ovary as the right hand ones were removed in an op several years ago.

I took prenatal vits (as did hubby, who turned 37 just after our son was born) and a prescription dose of folic acid because I'm on meds for epilepsy.

Our son was born 3 weeks early due to fetal distress and although he was small, he is perfect, very healthy and thriving.

I'm hoping to have another one in a couple of years, maybe start trying when Finlay is 2-3. Hubby is keen to have another, so it's pretty certain that we'll try, at least.

Have a browse of the older mums buddies thread, we're all in our thirties or forties and having lovely, perfect babies. :)

My auntie just had her first at 40, after trying for many years(she has always had fertility issues even in her younger years) she had IVF and took straight away, her little boy is now 6 months and happy and healhy!

She got gestational diabetes and she had to have a C Section because of blood pressure complications but that could happen to anyone, at the end of the day she is back to normal now!

Age is just a number, I plan to try for my first at 22, but whos to say I won't have problems.. :blush: Touch wood I don't!

Hope this helps x

I'm turning 30 next March but don't plan to start TTC until June/July 2011 which will make me 31 when we start trying for baby #1.

I am a little concerned about my age but only because people keep mentioning the potential problems of leaving it until you're older to start trying but everyone is different so I'm trying not to stress about it too much.

People can have trouble trying to conceive at any age so try not to worry too much....and if you do have any concerns then there are plenty of us on here in the same boat.

Thanks everyone, what a lot of great stories. I'm still desperate to have a baby but I don't feel so panicky about time now.
I see I just need to try to stop obsessing about it and like everyone says, 6 months will fly by :)

Love SW xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->