WTT questions

lnmosher

Reaction score
Hello all, I am wondering if you can all give me some input. I am wondering what is a good time frame to have gone off the pill before ttc? Also, I have 2 sons and would love a girl if we decide to ttc, wondering if there is any truth to the "old wives tales" about conceiving girl/boy, and if anyone can say what has worked for them. Thanks

Hi I took my last pill on Tue and we are going to start TTC in June which is 5months. I am not sure what is the best time frame. sorry couldnt be much help

Good luck when you decide TTC

I came off my pill after my last pack mid Oct-10 and not TTC until hopefully Aug-11 but I was reading about it online as you do and it says that basically from the point when you stopped taking them you should be able to become pregnant! but I still think your body needs time to get back into cycles and let the chemicals out so I reckon a couple of months is fine!

We started trying as soon as I finished my last pill and we conceived right away but I think they say it's good to give your body 3 months but that's more for your cycles to adjust etc, trying straight away if you wanted wouldn't cause any harm.

As for trying to get a girl the only thing I think that would really work is the timing of bd'ing. The female sperm are slower but live longer once inside you so they say to conceive a girl to try up to 2 days prior to ovulation. Whereas male sperm are faster but die quickly so they recommend having sex on you ovulation days.
I have a friend who swears it works, she had 3 boys and says with all of them they'd worked around trying on her fertile days then her doctor told her what I just said and so they started trying 2 days before her ovulation days and they had a girl!

Who knows! But good luck, and welcome!

X

Tbh the longer off the pill the better (for me) just so all the hormones get to settle before TTC.

My mate did what MummytoSummer says and she believes it works :)

My mum had two boys then me so maybe it will be a girl next :)

Good luck x

I'm going to start TTC right after coming off the BCP. Some things say you've got a nice fertile window after that :shrugs: I can't say for certain but I feel lucky! :)

In past experience when taking a break from the pill I have noticed that my periods came right away like clockwork, so I'm not too worried about my body adjusting after the hormones.

Thanks everyone!! Well I guess I will come off the pill AT least 3 months prior to wanting to TTC. For one I agree with some that I want my body to get back to normal first and also, I guess if I want to try for a girl I will have to track my cycles and find out when I ovulate. I have never payed attention to ovulation, there were times in life when I was not on any hormonal BC and never focused on it. Again, thank you all.

it took my cycles about 6 months to get back to normal but everyone's different. :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->