WWYD Ebay feedback

Kina

Reaction score
I bought two lots of items from the same seller and I asked if they could combine shipping. They knocked the price down from £13 to £9.50 which I thought was quite steep but assumed that it would be near that. Anyway when the items came the postage charge was £2.48, packaging was a bit of bubble wrap and brown paper so not expensive. I understand that they can add a bit on for their time etc, but to charge £7 more than actual postage seems extortinate!

I emailed them and they haven't replied, do you think I should give them a neutral/neg feedback? I am happy with the item but not paying that much extra for postage.

I've had this before aswel
I would leave neutarl if you are happy with the items and no reply to you
Its disgusting what some people do for a bit extra cash

I have refunded postage costs off my own back if it has worked out loads cheaper when i have got to the post office
Too honest for my own good sometimes :)

im actually going through the same thing. i bought a webcam and the posatge was alomst a tenner, and me and my brother weighed it ect and worked out it would have cost about £3 to post (it came 2nd class when the listing stated 1st class too). i have emailed the seller but they havnt replied, im thinking of opening a dispute, but im not sure how to go about it

sorry but if i seen an auction which postage i wouldnt b willing 2 pay i wouldnt bid(sorry if i seem bitchy!) alot of sellers start items at 1p etc so they make their money off the postage.

Some items you can tell they are charging the item on the postage an the postage as the item price to avoid ebays stupid rates ....

Depends what the listing was like I think Kina :D

It was for some nappies and they sent them how they said they would - 1st class recorded. If it had been me and someone had won 2 auctions and I knew that postage would be less than what I was charging for one auction then I would only charge one lot of postage.
I guess I'll just have to learn the hard way but I still think it sucks!!

I'd leave neutral, I only ever go negative if I don't get the goods/someone is abusive (it has happened! :shock: )

I agree with Yvanne that I don't bid on items with high postage, I think it's disreputable to bump up funds this way. I also don't bid on items with no gallery photo. I always think if they're too tight to splash out 15p I can't be arsed to click on the link!!! :D

Kina said:
It was for some nappies and they sent them how they said they would - 1st class recorded. If it had been me and someone had won 2 auctions and I knew that postage would be less than what I was charging for one auction then I would only charge one lot of postage.
I guess I'll just have to learn the hard way but I still think it sucks!!
Was it buy now or bidding Kina if bidding it sucks!
I know on by nows you can see when the buyer is doing this but if it s was a bidding war then thats madness :shock:

It was bidding - and I asked beforehand if I won both auctions if they'd combine postage which they agreed to.

Well thats BAD then - Like I said when seller do .. £0.99 buy now - £9 postage it's easy to see their reason but on bidding thats really bad! If you paid via Paypal dispute :D :wink:

Also I would leave negative feedback AFTER they have left my feedback for payment!

Ihave had it where ihave over paid on postage and ihave emailed them and they have sent me a small refund.

Idont mindpaying a say £1 more than usual but £7 is disgusting.

I would leave a neutrul if they have not got back to me within 3 days or open a ebay dispute

Kina if they agreed to combine I would open a dispute. It may be for pennies but it's the principle of the matter.

Keep us posted on how you get on :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->