Wwyd?

seoj

Our family of four...
Reaction score
I know it's silly to ask... lol.. But, would you go meet up with a bunch of people from your graduating High School class? Out of town (2hr drive)... and there would be at least 2 people your not exactly "thrilled" to see- but hey, it's been 20yrs, so whatever right?

It's not a reunion- that was 2yrs ago and I missed it due to a work Project. Not that I'm sure I would have gone anyway. LOL.

My only real hesitation is driving down there on a Friday, finding a place to stay and going out in my old town... I don't want to be a total snob, but the place they picked is not at all my scene. Typically one I would avoid. But there are a few people I would love to see again.

I was excited, at first. Thinking they meant they would be "in town" (i.e. where I live) and it was going to be a smaller group of us girls. But it kind of exploded into a full out "reunion"... and I'd have to leave my family for the night. Not a huge deal. Just not sure it's worth it? :shrug:

I know, at the end of the day, it's my choice ;) I think I just need time to digest it. Maybe find buddy to carpool down and stay with?

Update- I'm skipping it... just not really feeling it. And tbh, life is too short to do something I'm not feeling (short of being obligated! lol). ;)

Meh, I'm completely over the high school reunion thing. which is weird, because when I was actually in high school, I always thought I would want to go back at any chance to see my friends, catch up, etc, but in reality now that I'm out of school I'm just over it. LOL. I think FB is part of it too, because I'm in contact with my HS friends on there, so am already caught up with them. I don't need to go to any reunion type thing and have to put up with the non-friends from HS.

Thanks yeah-- That's kind of where my head is at too- if it had been a smaller group of girls (in town) I'd love to catch up and get together (there are a few that don't live by me- so odds are I wouldn't see them any other time)... but to take the time out to drive 2hrs, leave my family, and go somewhere I'm not really down with... not really feeling it. :haha:

I have time to decide for sure- it's not till the end of August... ;)

I wouldn't do it. Next year it will be 10 years since I left so I imagine there will be a reunion. I am not interested in seeing anyone from my school. I was bullied quite a lot and I don't keep in contact with anyone. I'm really not into the 'look what I did with my life what did you do?' thing.

There's a 10 year re union being organised for this August at my school, I have until the end of July to decide!! I don't think I'm going to go. Although there will be people there I want to see there will probably be more I don't. If I really wanted to see someone I'd look them up and arrange a coffee or something.

I did go to my 10yr- and tbh, it was LAME! Although I've been told (by many) that the first reunion usually is- the rest people don't care to impress as much so they tend to be more fun. Least the 20yr looked more fun (from all the FB posts I saw! haha). But yeah... if I really wanted to see someone specific, I'd hopefully find a time to get together more one on one... I prefer smaller groups these days anyway ;)

I probably wouldn't go either tbh I'm quite happy to leave the past in the past & have no desire to see or speak to my old school friends again & the ones I do are already in my life & staying in contact through fb etc xx

I think it's a no go-- I chatted with my one friend that does live in my area, and she is like me- not really feeling it. So we decided just the two of us would go out another time together and have fun! :haha: We've gotten together a few times over the past year-- so it's nice to reconnect with someone in that way. Especially since she was one of my closest friends as a child... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->