x post - help. seen any men at baby groups in west mids area?

purplelou

Mummy to Lana Erin
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
my dh is a sadh - we live in wolverhampton (just moved) in west mids and he would love to meet any other dads. he has been to a few baby groups and the ladies there have been less than friendly really - which is so sad cos he is a lovely man and a smashing daddy! there are baby groups for dads only - on a saturday - but that is when I am home and obviously we would like time together.

our LO is 9 months old btw

so what I am asking is - does anyone have DP/DH/OH who are sahd OR
does anyone go to any baby groups/gymbabes etc etc in the wolverhampton/dudley/stourbridge or nearby there etc areas where there are men attending with their babies?

thank you so much if you can help

x-posted also in groups/meets

I have joint custody with FOB so he has Ben 3.5 days a week. He's also said when he's taken him to baby groups/swimming etc he's had a less than polite response from the ladies and he felt very awkward doing it, but he did for Bens sake.

I don't live in your area but possibly net mums could be a good place to look? Maybe on the meet a mum bit you could ask if anyone's OHs regularly look after the LO. My FOB said he went to a few diff baby groups until he found one he felt more comfy at but even then he'd ring me and say 'omg one of the women actually bothered to talk to me today' it must be so hard :(

I have joint custody with FOB so he has Ben 3.5 days a week. He's also said when he's taken him to baby groups/swimming etc he's had a less than polite response from the ladies and he felt very awkward doing it, but he did for Bens sake.

I don't live in your area but possibly net mums could be a good place to look? Maybe on the meet a mum bit you could ask if anyone's OHs regularly look after the LO. My FOB said he went to a few diff baby groups until he found one he felt more comfy at but even then he'd ring me and say 'omg one of the women actually bothered to talk to me today' it must be so hard :(

thats exactly what DH says. I think its horrible! he said that one mum even did a sort of comedy double take when she saw him at a group once. he only goes because Lana loves it!
oh and thanks for the suggestion - i will try that too:)

Aw your poor DH! There are a few dads who take their LO's to groups I go to and most of the mums fawn all over them :haha:. It's awful that people don't talk to your DH just because he's a man, surely most of them have friends and acquaintances who are men, it's not like they're a different species! :dohh:.
I second Netmums, but I'd also recommend your DH goes to the dads group one Saturday as he may well meet some other SAHD's and find out where they go.

I don't live in West Mids but maybe he could start his own group? If you contact NCT maybe they will help?

I'd definitely suggest going to the weekend group a couple of times, he might find other dads in the same situation who'd like to meet up, or if there are a few dads they could ask the local children's centre (or wherever the other groups are) to do a dad's group during the week. OH took the kids to the weekend group here a couple of times. They haven't been for a while as he's not really interested and the girls go with me during the week, but he now knows a few dads in the local area to say hi to in passing, which is nice.

The was a sahd who took his lo to toddlers about 10 years ago when I took Leah. The women there were all cliquey horrible childminders who barely said a word to me or a few other mums who joined but strangely enough the dad was treated like a legend!!

In all my time of going to baby groups I only ever saw 1 man,who spent the whole time slagging off his ex,presumably in the hope the women would think-poor fella..they didn't.lol.

netmums would be a good place to look I think.x

Thanks ladies,
Dh is going to go and try the Saturday group. He is also thinking he might try going to the parent and baby cinema showing. I phoned the local children's centre and apparently a dad or two does go to a stay and play session, so he's going to try that too.

Net mums had nothing in my area, but thank you for the suggestions xx

Not sure where you are in wolverhampton - but try this link, its got all the sure start centres in wolves area and you may find one that has dads. If you click on each balloon and then on the "whats on when" it brings up all the groups run by each centre.

https://centrestart.co.uk/locallinks.htm

Must be hard for him! Where abouts are you?

Not sure where you are in wolverhampton - but try this link, its got all the sure start centres in wolves area and you may find one that has dads. If you click on each balloon and then on the "whats on when" it brings up all the groups run by each centre.

https://centrestart.co.uk/locallinks.htm

Must be hard for him! Where abouts are you?

thats for that!
we are in blakenhall - so I think sunbeam is our closest one. dh is going to pop over there later and investigate.:thumbup:

Don't live in Wolverhampton but my oh is a sahd x

nice to know there are others!:thumbup:
does he go to any groups or anything??
Not really no he says he never really felt like he fitted in.. He mainly just takes him to parks etc xx

That's a shame!
It's horrid isn't it!

It is really I know he has tried a few times and I would love him to do more but he always felt so pushed out it seemed unfair on him..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->