x

If you haven't had a reply it generally means the request for name change has been denied

HTH

What reasons would there be for denying a name change? All i've asked for is my two middle names, but shortened and in a similar style to my current name (with _x at the end!) :( x

Name change requests are only allowed in certain circumstances otherwise wobbles would spend all her time just changing user names, I can highlight this thread to her (however she is very busy at present) but like I said, generally, if you don't get a reply it is because the request has been denied x

I've just been concerned recently about people i know finding me on here. I don't talk a great deal about personal stuff outside of the GS, but i don't feel i can discuss such things like TTC #2 with my current name - as people can easily link my name to my daughter's name and so on. I have deleted some information about myself on my profile (age etc) but i don't want to have to get rid of my ticker and change my avatar to something other than my baby, just for the sake of my name being my real name. If you could pass on the request to Wobbles it would be greatly appreciated, all i want is some random name so its not as easy as looking for a 'Gem' on this forum for anyone who may think of snooping!

Thank you :hugs:

The very first thing on the forum T&C's is "Warning: This is a public forum. Your posts can be read by anyone with an internet connection."

So you will have know this when creating your username.

Gem is much more common than you think with thousands of members on this site (current count
280,542)

Your avatar and tickers are far more indentifiable than a username is, even with a name change, if you keep those you are still easily indentifiable and this is likely why the request has been denied.

There are thousands of search results for Gem that are not related to your account.

As above your tickers and pictures are more identifying than your name therefore your request has been denied and noted on on your account.

Alright, i'll change my ticker and my picture then. That way i will be alot more difficult to find!

I asked mine to be changed as my husband reads my posts and is fighting with me constantly. Yeh he is an idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->