XLTTTC: Anyone 5yrs plus?

I'm more than happy for you to hijack hon. I know I shouldn't, but sometimes I really crave tthe company/chat/input of those who have been ttc this long. 1-2 years seems like very little time in comparison.

As far as I know, they're quite reliable. If it comes up good, then DH might be a little less stressed about it and be able to go, and f it comes up not too good, he might be better able to deal with getting the news from a doctor. If I remember right, they're quite cheap.

I'll be five years in the next couple of weeks. Don't know where the time has gone.

hi redfraggle, sounds like we both started ttc around the same time we started in oct 2005 also. i cant help but feel like we should have a 4 or 5 year old now. x

Hi Girls,

I've been ttc for 6 and a half years ntnp in between i have pcos and dh has low sperm morphology, ive had 7 failed clomid cycles and now ive been told to bring my bmi from 31 to 29 so i can have ovarian drilling and then they wanna move to injectibles or IVF.

It feels like it will never happen for me as i see every1 close to me with children.

I never thought i would go through all of this :cry:

xxx

How are you all doing?

I had my ovarian drilling follow up today, 8 weeks after the op. I got to look at the pics of my ovaries again (was too high on morphine to look properly on the day!). They're quite gross really. After a fair bit of chat, my consultant told me he's happy that OD has been succesful, and very happy with last cycle (prog was 26.2 at 3dpo). So, the new plan is: finish this natural cycle, then 6 cycles at 150mg with u/s monitoring to check for overstim as we dont know how I'll react now that I can Ov on my own again. During that 6 months, I _have_ to get BMI as low as possible so that I can move on to IUI.

Hi sparkle83, thats brilliant news that od was successful i bet your over the moon! well i was suppose to be in my 2ww now following my 2nd iui with clomid, but unfortunatley it seems i have missed ovulation or not ovulated atall so the iui was cancelled. Soo upset that we have to wait even longer now. and i dont even know when af is due now or if ill even have one!

Hi sparkle83, thats brilliant news that od was successful i bet your over the moon! well i was suppose to be in my 2ww now following my 2nd iui with clomid, but unfortunatley it seems i have missed ovulation or not ovulated atall so the iui was cancelled. Soo upset that we have to wait even longer now. and i dont even know when af is due now or if ill even have one!

Oh no! were they not monitoring your follicles?

Hiya,

Count me in, I came off of birth control in 1994 (yes 1994) and got preggers with DD after awhile, I then went on to get preggers with DS in 1997 with some help and after him I didn't go back on birth control and thought we'd get pregnant again but nothing. I didn't go back to the doctor because we weren't trying but weren't avoiding it. I've just turned 36 and we really want to have one more so I'm on Clomid (Round 6) and AF is due in the next day or two.
If it doesn't work in the next cycle or two we'll be moving on to something else but its so frustrating I have regular cycles, I ovulate and nothing. I am so tired of this and in my head I have myself believing it won't happen, does anyone else feel like that? I can't decide if what I'm feeling is just me thinking it won't happen because I think it won't or if I know its not going to happen. We've been tested and the IVF Clinic says everything is normal, its not our ages and there's no reason we shouldn't get pregnant...well there has to be a reason I'm not pregnant!!

Anyway, I'm glad someone started this thread because some of us have been trying for a very long time

Sparkle83,

Sorry I was just reading back through the thread and I just wanted to give you a heads up about Clomid and wieght loss, I actually gained wieght on Clomid, I'm pretty petite anyway but I put on probably 5-6 kilos. I asked my doc about that and he told me its quite common but to be honest its mostly my belly that bloats so you might want some loose fitting clothes for O time and I get very constipated (I know TMI) but it can get very uncomfortable. I hope they work well for you and you'll only need the one cycle though and you won't have to worry about it

Best of Luck to you!!!

Oh no! were they not monitoring your follicles?

Well i went in on the 23rd which was day 10 and on the scan they said i had a 15mm follicle but that my lining was still quite thin. So they said start opk's on the 24th which i did and have been doing right up to monday just gone, but they said if still nothing by monday i would have to move onto next month and there wasnt so bust cycle.

Stupid Witch showed up today :( That's it for us, we'll be going back to the Clinic to discuss IUI. I am so sick of this!!

Does anyone else feel horribly old?

I know that I am blessed to be only 27 at 10.5 years into this, but I feel like I'm becoming really world-weary and jaded. In the town I live in, we have a massively high teen pg rating per capita. I work in a clothing shop aimed at 16-25 year olds, so you cvan imagine how many bumps and newborns I see in a day all belonging to women/girls signficantly younger than me. All my family had their first way before now.

I just feel so out of place and past it.

Hello ladies been trying for what seems like forever. 13 years of that almost 7 with fertility help. Although I am not actively trying right now mainly due to the fact I have no tubes now and IVF is our only option just waiting to get the IVF rolling. I'm 33 and DH is 35. Wish u ladies all the best of luck.

Welcome to our thread hon. I'm so sorry your battle has been such a long one. What is the scholarship about?

Thanks hun I live in the US and basically almost everywhere IVF is private and not covered by insurance. Typically IVF cycle runs around 15,000 USD I found a charity/organization online that gives couples that can not afford IVF a free go at a cycle. You have to submit an application and be selected by a committe based on need of IVF hundred of people apply each time the board meets which is like 2-3 times per year and just found out we applied in Aug and were selected in October. The only thing we may have to pay for is travel expenses depending on which of their donating clinics we are matched up with. So thankful and feel at least now I have a shot of actually having a child of my own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->