Xmas baby?

ZubZub

Reaction score
Just for interest, is anyone taking a break TTC to avoid a their baby having a birthday too close to Xmas or doesn't it matter?

Thought about it, but really want a baby and that's what matters most to me! So nope. If it happens this cycle the due date will be dec 8. So still a few days away from Xmas. We will see!

I'm taking a break from it. If I were to conceived the due date would be dec 29 and I've always had my babies 2wks to 3 days early. I do NOT want a Christmas baby lol!

December tends to be my month of having babies. It already takes 6 months to recover from December lol. I have had 3 children in December, one on the 6th, one on the 13th and one of the 17th. I only have on in September but at this point Id be okay with another December baby

December tends to be my month of having babies. It already takes 6 months to recover from December lol. I have had 3 children in December, one on the 6th, one on the 13th and one of the 17th. I only have on in September but at this point Id be okay with another December baby

Ha ha, clearly you don't have enough to do in March if that's when you get pg! December must be super expensive for you, no wonder you're still recovering 6 months later. Do you have four children? I'd be recovering all year round lol!

We didn't take a break...we actually upped our chances this cycle with some femara (I have long cycles and ovulate very late or not at all). If this cycle ends with a BFP then we will be due on the 12th. I don't think that's so bad....not too close to Christmas. For Bday parties we are still far enough away from Christmas that all the little buddies should not yet be away on holidays!

Right now I have a March baby, July baby and a September baby....so December will spread the Birthdays out quite well :) FX!

Thought about it since the OH and I are both December babies ourselves...but I want it too bad...I just don't care at this point anymore!

I actually specifically asked my husband about this. He said, "We'd make it work!"

I was very touched by that, he is really sweet, and it made me start thinking about all the things I could do to make a December birthday special.

In fact, actually if I got pregnant this cycle I'd be due December 9th, not right at Christmas. If I get pregnant next cycle, though, I'd be due right between Christmas and new year's!

Not going to stop TTC, but I have to admit, I would definitely have my fingers crossed to NOT have a December 25th baby!

I'm so happy to read this! We've decided to try to move up TTC, and I'm eager to get a jump on it. Looking at the calendar, we would have a December 29 due date if all worked well the first time. I'm not too keen on a Christmas baby, however I would be happy with whatever date I got. Just happy to see I'm not the only one!

I was due on Christmas Day and was 4 days late, so my birthday is Dec 29th. While it wasn't the greatest for me in a family full of June and July birthdays, I know that I could make it work if I get a BFP this month. :haha: I'm definitely not taking a break!

if I got my BFP this cycle I would be due December 27th! haha but no, im not taking a break. I am soo desperate for a baby lol. we would make it work :) I have an August baby and DH is in July, I'm in October so its not too close or anything! even if you go back to our parents and siblings we have...february, march, april, june, july, august, september and october bdays! so it would actually balance it out quite nicely!

Lol DH came home tonight and one of the first things he said was "You do realize if we get pregnant, the baby will be due around Christmas?!" Haha. I was like, ya, but I wasn't going to bring it up with you! lol. Then I was like, it would actually be due Dec 8th. He still doesn't understand the whole concept around 2 weeks before conception you are considered pregnant. I keep trying to explain it and it doesn't help.

Lol DH came home tonight and one of the first things he said was "You do realize if we get pregnant, the baby will be due around Christmas?!" Haha. I was like, ya, but I wasn't going to bring it up with you! lol. Then I was like, it would actually be due Dec 8th. He still doesn't understand the whole concept around 2 weeks before conception you are considered pregnant. I keep trying to explain it and it doesn't help.

That drives me crazy - you'd think that they'd update the system, now that we know more about ovulation dates, etc. It would annoy me saying that I'm "four weeks pregnant" or "eight week pregnant" when really I'd be 2 weeks or 6 weeks!!

I am not even going to try explaining that one to my DH; it would annoy the heck out of him!

If we conceive this cycle edd would 12/29 we have a niece and nephew who's birthday is 12/28 but I'm known to go over on my due date so maybe a new years baby lol. Either way we are fine with a December birthday.

Nope, not taking a break! With my cycles being so irregular and long, if I took a break it could be a few months before we started being able to try again.

Any time of the year would be good for me!

We were originally going to start at the end of May/June but I said we could get an early start and try before ovulation which would be the very first week of April, but I did the calculator and it said December 26! There's no telling if I would have a xmas baby or not. Then again I could have a baby early or late, but don't really want a December baby. It's just too much in one month. The fact that we do have the technology to give us estimates is great, so we'll be shooting for end of May, like originally planned.

We are ttc again this month after a mc- we were due 1st October which was perfect :( if we fall this month we will be due Dec 28th! But DS1 came 5 weeks early so it doesn't mean anything! Lol certainly won't stop trying & actually quite excited about the the thought of having a Xmas season baby- we were married the last Saturday before Xmas & it's such a magical time of year!

Fingers crossed for all those trying for a Xmas baby!! Hopefully we can reconvene in the pregnancy buddies section soon ;)

Xxx

I'm more ntnp but have worked out when I should ovulate and when my due date would be on an app on my phone, if I got pregnant this cycle it gives me a due date on Christmas Eve. In a way it would be so magical to have a newborn for Christmas but I think I would actually cry if I missed my sons Christmas, although he's too young to realise. But if the labour and birth were anything like with Alex then I would be home a couple hours later. FIL's birthday is the 27th and my sisters is new years day, so could even share a birthday. I won't be avoiding this cycle at all.

nope... after 2 years I just want a baby full stop

if i get pregnant this cycle ill be due the 9th but my DS popped 3 and a bit weeks early, he was due right at the beginning of February but was born on jan 6th (less than 2 weeks after xmas) frankly a birthday 1 week or more before Christmas HAS to be easier than anything in the 2 weeks afterward - early January birthdays are hell as everything is shut for winter or new year, everyone is broke and busy and everything is just restarting (school/work)

on the plus side now I have 1 January birthday a second should be easier to organise

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->