Xmas baby?

If I get pregnant this cycle, I'd be due the first week in December - December 5th based on LMP, but more like the 8th based on ovulation date. We're not trying in April or May, partly to avoid Christmas and partly because I'm going to be out of town without DH for a big chunk of May. Almost every birthday in my family is sometime between November and January, and it's already hard to celebrate, so I don't want to add even more to that. I might feel differently if it was just Christmas that we were dealing with. We're only on our second cycle - if we're still TTC a year from now, I suspect we'll just keep going, and who cares when the baby is born?

We are trying for a December baby, neither of us care if our baby is born around Christmas time. We talked about it and decided that if we do have a Christmas baby, we would have our own small family celebration on the kid's actual birthday, and then we'd pick a day either earlier in December or later in January when we would throw a proper birthday party with friends and family. I think it would make it more special because our child would have two birthday parties instead of just one!

Well CD1 for me this month is 25th March so not a chance! If I could be guaranteed to not be on the big days xmas eve/day/boxing/new yr eve/day then id go for it, but as this cannot be definate we are giving it a miss x

My DS was due December 30th. He was born Jan 1st. I must say it added a lot of excitement during the holiday time that I loved! I think it helps to make that last month go a little quicker since you are trying to beat the clock with present buying!

We were talking about this the other day. If we are pregnant this month (argh due this weekend!) it would literally be due Xmas day or there abouts. I really don't care as if we can have another baby then brilliant, also my son was born in July so December would be great as they'd have different times of year x

I thought about it especially since my names are geared around Xmas. I picked Xmas names since it was so important to my Dad and coincidentally the last time I saw him before he died. I wanted that to be the reason for Noelle or Gabriel, not because they were Xmas babies. But in retrospect I didn't think it would take this long and don't feel like waiting because of the holiday.

We have. I don't want a Christmas baby at all...not even one that's too close. My birthday is 15th November and I always had a no Xmas until 16th November rule growing up, so to have my own child nearer would just be silly. I'd probably be booked in for a section at 37 weeks, which my O date this cycle puts me with a due date bob on Christmas Day. Upset about waiting another month when I've counted down so long, but I know it's the right thing for us. Hoping to be due end of Jan....fingers crossed and lots of baby dust!

We have. I don't want a Christmas baby at all...not even one that's too close. My birthday is 15th November and I always had a no Xmas until 16th November rule growing up, so to have my own child nearer would just be silly. I'd probably be booked in for a section at 37 weeks, which my O date this cycle puts me with a due date bob on Christmas Day. Upset about waiting another month when I've counted down so long, but I know it's the right thing for us. Hoping to be due end of Jan....fingers crossed and lots of baby dust!

I was due end of January/start of February and popped at the beginning of January instead right next to new year which trust me is much, much worse than before xmas :dohh:

We're taking a break. Last month was our first month TTC, and according to my cycles I would be due on Christmas day. So we're going to hold out and try to get a bit more healthy this month.

well im out for xmas now anyway.... next HEDD is my DS birthday so right after new year again :cry:

I would love a Christmas baby, Easter baby, valentines baby, Memorial Day baby, etc, etc. I don't care when I am blessed with one, I want one more than anything in this world, so I don't care what day or holiday they show up :) Good luck to all :)

Well, I'm out this month, and according to my schedule next month, I'd be due right around New Year's. It turns out I am having some health problems of my own to deal with, so we are going to keep trying, but definitely going to take it easy.

I posted before that we were skipping April to avoid a Christmas baby, but now that I'm on CD2, I'm starting to think maybe the risk of a Christmas baby isn't all that bad...

I posted before that we were skipping April to avoid a Christmas baby, but now that I'm on CD2, I'm starting to think maybe the risk of a Christmas baby isn't all that bad...

April = January/February not xmas (unless you pop early which cant really be predicted)

I'd be due the first week of January, so it's more the risk of going a couple weeks early. I think Countdown to Pregnancy puts me at full term starting mid-December. If I was looking at a Christmas due date I'd be more hesitant.

With my first pregnancy I caught in March which resulted in a Xmas baby!! Well, a week before to be exact.

Have recently once again fell pregnant in March!! Seems to be the only month I can get pregnant!! So someone has to have babies in December!!
This could be you too so if you really want a baby I wouldn't rule any month out!!

I didn't, and still don't, care when my baby is born! But Xmas is a magical time and having their little birthday in December is lovely. Everyone is in high spirits and happy, decorations. It's lovely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->