Yasmin pill and period.... slightly tmi!

MissR

R+R+J+Dot
Reaction score
Ive been on the yasmin pill for the past 5 years, and it has never really caused me any problems.

I usually see my nurse every 6 months for a check up and she gives me my following 6 months of pills. However when i rung my doctors thw other day, the receptionist informed me that they are only doing yearly check ups now and i just had to come in and fill in a form. I was in desperate need of the pill on friday because i had run out on wednesday so therefore knew i needed to take one asap.

I had only had a period about a 2 weeks ago and i had realised i had no pills left after this pack. I found an old pack with a few left in and used those because at the time i couldnt get to the doctors. Cutting a long story short i have come on a second period as i knew i would and will be using condoms until the pill starts to work again.

My issue is that this period is unlike any ive had before. There is an extreme amount of blood. In the night i had to get up 4 times because of it. Im usually pretty light so this is different for me. Theres also large clots and i have stomach cramps too but those arent too bad. All i really am wondering is if its normal? Has anyone else had this? Thanks xx

Your body was probably withdrawing from the hormones and made your period heavier. If you start to get extreme pain or speaking a super pad every hour for for to six hours call the doc. Otherwise your body was just trying to regulate itself. Hope everything goes well! I hate heavy periods! Good luck!

Thanks for your reply :) since i posted it has got slightly better. A bit lighter... i think your right, its my body just messing me around a bit as its used to the pill now. I Will make sure next time i have my next pack ready. Lesson learnt i think!xx

I'm glad its gotten better! I used to regularly mess up taking the pill and always ended up with messed up periods. It's no fun! How it keeps getting better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->