Yay! Fed him for a year! :)

fatandlumpy

Reaction score
Hi all

Just wanted to say that I reached my 1 year milestone BF'ing my little one. We started BLW when he was about 5 and a half months old (returned to work at 6 months), but we still boobie (he calls it Ma!) first thing in the morning and last thing at night (as well as whenever he wants if I'm at home). We still night-nurse as well (usually just once, but he's just had his MMR and so he was a bit grisly and wanted Ma! on and off all night).

He's now starting to shove his head up my top when he wants Ma! as well. It's so cute. We've tried goats milk and full cream cows milk during the day - he'll take a couple of sips, but it's not that interested yet. We haven't tried formula as it's a bit pointless now. He loves water though...

I know how lucky I have been and I am grateful for everyday. I'm hoping he'll self-wean, as he seems to be getting less interested in Ma! during the day - but he does need to feed to sleep still and sometimes can get a bit squarky in the night if he doesn't find a nipple within 10 seconds of waking.

Anyhow - it was hard, painful, confusing and knackering at first - but then it got easier.

Thankyou for all your support and advice

F&L

Yay! This is my plan also. Feed for a year and then feed him to help him get to sleep. Good for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->