YAY! our car insurance came DOWN!!

MrsBandEgglet

Mummy to 3, expecting #4
Reaction score
Would you believe it?! Only by £10 a month but it's brought it to £460 a year!! I'm only a named driver on it and thought it would send it sky-rocketing as I only passed my test in May but nope, it's actually come down!! :happydance: This is a pointless thread but with how much car insurance is these days it makes a refreshing change. My hubby was virtually skipping as he's been driving 20 years and this is the first time it's come down without him changing his car :haha:

Yaaay!

My insurance would have gone down by £150 a year, but since my OH is now a named driver and has less NCB than me it's gone up £150 lol

what did you do to get it down, did you go for a black box or something?

what did you do to get it down, did you go for a black box or something?

nope, no idea why it's gone down. Maybe the insurance broker came to have a nosy inside, saw it and thought, it's not worth sod all anyway it'd be criminal to take their money!! :haha:

Haha that's brilliant :D Our car insurance (For three cars) was £2100 last year.. Then this year our renewal came through at £2800.. what the??

So we cancelled, did a multi-car quote again.. and got it for £1400... (for all three cars) Loads better! Car insurance companies aren't always nice to their renewing customers haha. Mine was £350.. yay!! x

:happydance:

^ Yea it's always worth phoning around at renewal time! Companies just hope that you'll not bother, so take the pee with renewal quotes. Even if you phone up and tell them you are not taking up the renewal as you have been offered X amount elsewhere, they often reduce it to keep you with them :p

Car insurance is stupid the way ita worked out some times.
I looked into getting insurance and I was quoted £1400 yet if I get it under oh name and just havw me down as the driver its less then £500.
It doesnt make any sense seen as the only differance is its under his name not mine yet still has the same driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->