Yeah so Tesco

Talia12

Reaction score
...substituted my f*cking turkey for f*cking chicken. Really, Tesco? Really?!

Oh no! What a total pita. Are you going to have to dash out then ? I’m too afraid to have my Christmas shop delivered. I’m getting a regular shop delivered later and I’m half expecting them to have ran out of bread and milk lol. Haha

Oh no, I can't believe they've done that! :x

That is so annoying. Hope you manage to find a replacement turkey.

Ohhh I do not need to read this. We have ordered turkey and salmon from Asda as I just do not have time to shop within take a 5 and 3 year old.
Our order comes Sat at 8pm!

So annoying! Hope you all have an easier time getting turkey! I looked today in marks (never normally would but it was the only food shop near where I was!) and they were out! I accepted the chicken from Tesco because I was too afraid that if I turned it away we'd have no bird at all on Christmas Day... but fingers crossed I track down some turkey tomorrow!

I went and collected my turkey from Sainsbury’s last year and Asda the year before both on Xmas eve, both had loads on the shelves

Ladies, quick question.
Starting to feel nervous about my online order (wishing I got some bits before)
I've ordered with Asda coming 23rd 8-9pm. I've just logged on and a few items are out of stock, nothing major thankfully.
When will I know exactly what is being delivered or substituted? I have until midnight tonight to amend order.
The main things I'm worried about are turkey, salmon, vegetables and drinks.

Oh no! We have Asda coming tomorrow and I just tried to amend it to be told if I did lots of things were out of stock and they would be taken out of my basket so I had to leave it how it was and fingers crossed for decent subs! Thankfully it wasn’t the turkey 🙈

Honestly I don't think I'll do this again. As I had ordered a bunch of basted turkey breasts to do in the slow cooker I wish I'd just ordered it last month and frozen it, there was space...
I actually think I'm gonna have chicken on Christmas Day this year! DH couldn't get to Tesco yesterday because the queue of cars was backed out onto the street 😱 And I'm too pregnant to be waddling around trying to find some.
Argh.

Ladies, quick question.
Starting to feel nervous about my online order (wishing I got some bits before)
I've ordered with Asda coming 23rd 8-9pm. I've just logged on and a few items are out of stock, nothing major thankfully.
When will I know exactly what is being delivered or substituted? I have until midnight tonight to amend order.
The main things I'm worried about are turkey, salmon, vegetables and drinks.

With Tesco you don't know until the shop comes. I've never had a problem before as they usually deliver everything I ordered and even when there are substitutes, they're not a problem. This is the first time I've been really mad!

Worse case is I'll be up co op buying things. I could live with chicken (we all like it) but it's not the same.

Just finished the order. Let's see what happens tomorrow
..fingers crossed

Asda updates online after they have picked it. I’m not sure what time that will be for 8pm slot though because ours always comes in the morning x

Oh bloody hell. I wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry!! I hope one makes itself available to you very soon :haha: xx

I rate Asda for that then! Maybe I should just switch haha...

Well if we end up having chicken it'll have all the normal trimmings and I very much doubt DH will have any clue whatsoever that it's not turkey :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->