year old waking at 6-any ideas how to stop this?

dovehouse

Reaction score
my year old , well 13month old now, has alwas been a good sleeper, waking about 7am earliest, however in the past few weeks he has started waking at 6am. we bought black out blinds which worked for abou two days and now he is back to 6am. he has one nap at nursery for about an hour ish. he has a bath at 6 and then is normally in bed asleep by 7, half 7 latest. any ideas/tips or advice for how i could try a nd train him to sleep till at least 7?
thanks
x

I have no idea but if you find a miracle let me know. Liam goes to bed at 7 and wakes up at 5:30 every morning recently. A few weeks back we had some lovely 8am lie ins. I want them back!!!

All Ill say is your lucky your little one sleeps through, but I can't suggest anything else. Yoo do exactly what we do with our son, apart from we are going to get black out blinds next week, I don't like 5am starts but im getting extra housework done lol

Ha ha...you should be glad to get to 6am. We usually get woken at 5am. Nothing we try makes them wake any later!!!

Ha ha...you should be glad to get to 6am. We usually get woken at 5am. Nothing we try makes them wake any later!!!

haha, I was going to say the same thing :p

To me 6am is a sleep in... sad when it comes to that, isn't it!

Tom wakes every morning between 5.30 and 6am unless he's been up for an hour or so in the night and then he sleeps till 6.30am. Blackout blinds and curtains have made no difference. He's asleep by 7.30pm every night.

I'm hoping that when he eventually drops his daytime nap then he'll sleep more at night.

Tbh I'd be grateful for it only being 6am.

6am is a totally normal baby / toddler / child wake up time. It's better than 5am! Ruby has woken at 5.57am for the last little while, the only things that tends to improve this a bit is an earlier bedtime but not always. OH and I have given up even thinking about it, we just accept whatever time she wakes. We read to her in our bed for as long as we can get away with before getting up!

it was 5.30 for a long time, however last week or 2 its been 6.12am on the dot every morning... god knows how he knows what time it is!? same, blackouts made no difference whatsoever :(

I have to say that 6 is a very normal waking time for a toddler. Its ahell of a lot better than some people siutations lol

I would suggest you go to bed an hour ealier if you want more sleep :haha:

My lo standard waking time in 6am. Ocassionally she'll go to 7 or very very occasionally later. I think 6am is pretty standard

I have to say that 6 is a very normal waking time for a toddler. Its ahell of a lot better than some people siutations lol

I would suggest you go to bed an hour ealier if you want more sleep :haha:

My lo standard waking time in 6am. Ocassionally she'll go to 7 or very very occasionally later. I think 6am is pretty standard

:thumbup: I am with this! Toddlers get up whenever they want! :lol:

Ollie has started to wake up at 6 also but will nap for another hour if i cuddle him lol xx

Oh dear! I have ordered a black out blind to try and get Belle to sleep longer! She's usually anywhere between 6 and 6:30. Having said that it's now 6:33 and she's still asleep!

Oh dear! I thought I would read this thread as Katerina has been waking at 630am recently and I wanted some advice and all I got was: normal waking time for a toddler :haha:

Its a hard life! hehe Still I find it easier now that summer is here! :thumbup:

sounds perfectly normal to me too! my son wakes between 5.30 and 6.30 every day. getting through the night is a bonus! x

i have this problem, i desperatly need to get some black out blinds, hopefully that will help. xx

Your lucky. Kenny gets up between 6 and 7 and won't go to bed til 9pm.

Try putting your lo to bed a bit later. Ben goes to bed at 7.30 and he seems to sleep a bit later. (he now wakes up at 6 instead of 5!)

I know this won't help at all, but I'm so lucky, lyla usually wakes at 8ish. :happydance: I'm normally up before she is, she goes in the bath at about 6.30, in bed and asleep by 7.30 she loves her sleep just like her daddy x

Earl wakes at 5.45ish most mornings and can be kept entertained by napping in our bed for 15 mins tops lol. My alarm goes off at 6am anyway so not a problem really.

Only sure fire thing I find with Earl is if he's warm - ie all his blankets are in place, the windows aren't letting in a breeze etc, and his dummy is in, he'll go til 7 at the latest. This morning for example I got woken up at 5am by something beeping downstairs. I went down to switch it off and on my way back to bed I checked if it had woken Earl up. It hadn't so I tucked him back in and made sure his dummy was close by for him, and went back to bed. Next thing I know it's 6.55! :happydance: Lie in on a Saturday.....unheard of! lol

Harry went through a phase of waking between 5-6am. I was used to it though as he'd never been a great sleeper, right up until he was 15 months old when he finally started sleeping through!

I think around that age they're adjusting again to the amount of sleep they have. I actually thought Harry was going to drop his day-time nap at that age because he was waking up so early, but he's 28 months old now and still has a 45min-1hr nap a day (although some days he doesn't).

His sleep is much better these days although quite random in the amount he has. For example - one day last week he woke at 6am, but this morning he didn't wake until 9am?! He always goes to bed at 7pm. I'm not sure what causes it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->