Yeast infection, can I 'flush it out'?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by leiaorgana1, Oct 3, 2013.

1. leiaorgana1

leiaorgana1 Well-Known Member

When I was pregnant with DS, I had my first ever yeast infection. It flared up twice during that pregnancy but cream helped and it was gone in again in a day.
    With this pregnancy - 7 weeks - it has already flared three times and it is awful! :cry: The itching is not just 'at the front' but also 'the back' and cream plus disinfectant soap helps only so much.

What worries me, is that I've had a congested chest and nose for nearly two months now and I have nightmares about this yeast-monster growing. :wacko:

I am speaking to my ob-gyn about it next week but I wondered if I cannot just flush this thing out? Could an enema work? Am I allowed that at this stage of a pregnancy? Or can a laxative help? I just want this out of my insides really!

2. slg76

slg76 Well-Known Member

Chances of this going away on its own or getting flushed out are not good. I would get the next available apt with your OBGYN. I'm sure there are safe medicines to use during pregnancy. I wouldn't risk the infection getting worse and affecting the baby. Hope you are feeling better soon.

3. little moomin

little moomin Mama of One for now!

It sounds like you've done all you can at home, i would honestly speak to a doctor a this point as it sounds like possibly rather than 3 flare ups its being controlled rather than eradicated - Im not a fan of doctors but if you could clear it now with one round of medication it will probably rate you a lot of trouble, i don't think enema or laxative would serve so do much other than further disrupt your PH balance x