Yeast infection, can I 'flush it out'?

leiaorgana1

Reaction score
When I was pregnant with DS, I had my first ever yeast infection. It flared up twice during that pregnancy but cream helped and it was gone in again in a day.
With this pregnancy - 7 weeks - it has already flared three times and it is awful! :cry: The itching is not just 'at the front' but also 'the back' and cream plus disinfectant soap helps only so much.

What worries me, is that I've had a congested chest and nose for nearly two months now and I have nightmares about this yeast-monster growing. :wacko:

I am speaking to my ob-gyn about it next week but I wondered if I cannot just flush this thing out? Could an enema work? Am I allowed that at this stage of a pregnancy? Or can a laxative help? I just want this out of my insides really!

Chances of this going away on its own or getting flushed out are not good. I would get the next available apt with your OBGYN. I'm sure there are safe medicines to use during pregnancy. I wouldn't risk the infection getting worse and affecting the baby. Hope you are feeling better soon.

It sounds like you've done all you can at home, i would honestly speak to a doctor a this point as it sounds like possibly rather than 3 flare ups its being controlled rather than eradicated - Im not a fan of doctors but if you could clear it now with one round of medication it will probably rate you a lot of trouble, i don't think enema or laxative would serve so do much other than further disrupt your PH balance x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->