Yes I do still exist :)

KELLYBD

Mum to 3 under 3's :)
Reaction score
Hello Ladies

To all the ones who know me, I am so sorry I haven't been on here in like a lifetime!!!! And to all the no doubt HUNDREDS of new ladies hello and welcome :)

Life has been very busy as me being me has taken on too much, the twins are now nearly 22 months and little Yas is now 10 months so it's getting a bit hectic :) I decided to finish my degree through the Open University so I'm studying on an evening and...........I decided to not go back to work but start up a mobile spray tanning business on an evening (I am a qualified Beauty Therapist even though I've been a PA for the last 10 years). The business has taken off better than expected so I've been doing 12 hour days with the kids then 3 night's a week working till 10pm, needless to say I'm shattered!

Anyway..................I'm back again as it's the twin Mums I trust the most to answer my questions :) So my twinnies have always been REALLY good when it comes to food. I always used to make them a mini roast dinner with mash on an evening or some kind of meat and two veg dish which they have loved, I said I didn't really want to start with the fish fingers and chicken fingers stuff till they were a bit older, BUT at the moment Darcie is becoming a nightmare!!!!! She will ONLY eat chicken fingers and chips, she's fussy about texture so won't eat potatoes in any other form than a chip, she blank refuses to try ANYTHING I put infront of her unless it's that same meal, porridge or toast, BUT she will eat anything sweet or crisps.

I am totally at my wits end!!!! I've bought so much food in that she just wastes, trying to find something else she will eat :( she will eat fish cakes at a push if she is hungry but I seriously don't know what to do. Her weight is fine she's just slimmed down a bit from being very chubby and is happy in herself, sleeps through the night so she's not hungry. So my question is, is this a problem and should I be worried, or will it be a phase she passes through? Callum.........eats ANYTHING and EVERYTHING he's very easy to please. Darcie with sleeping, eating etc has been the hardest work out of my kids lol, maybe she just takes after Mummy!

Love to you all, have missed speaking to you. Kel xxx

I don't have any help for you with the food thing, but if she is acting normal, sleeping well, and her weight is fine, then it sounds like maybe you can just ride it out and hope its a phase.

You sound really busy but also like things are going great!

I would keep offering her the same thing until she eats it. Eventually she'll be hungry enough and will realize she's not getting something different.

:flower: lovely to hear from you. Glad things are well.

My girls will normally eat most things, though they are starting to get more fussy nowadays. They are a good weights and so I give them there dinner and if they don't eat it I don't give them anything else (I will give them other food later just leave enough time so they realise its not dinner so they don't think they are getting there own way) and some days they just don't seem to be hungry and other days they seem to see if they can get something else. One week they will eat something the next week they won't :shrug: it frustrating but I think as long as they are being offered good food then that's all you can do.

I would say as she is a good weight and sleeps through you shouldn't worry too much and hopefully she will grow out on it. xx

Hi lovely lady, just brilliant to hear from you :hugs: You sound like super mum Kel, how the heck do you manage it all? Respect to you girl ;)

Food - totally feel your pain honey. Food and children is my single biggest frustration and the one things about parenting which used to stress me out the most. I have learnt after raising 4 toddlers that they each have very individual food tastes and habits, and that is is near on impossible to get them to always eat what you want them to eat all ofthe time. My answer, don't stress it. Toddlers all hit this point where they get fussy (around the age of 2), develop independent tastes and a sense of independence, which they try to test out every hour of every day lol.

Your lo probably prefers the starchy foods and at the same time has realised she can hold out in the battle of wills with her Mummy to the point where she can win the fight (totally been there). The foods she likes aren't necessarily bad, and it certainly won't do her any harm to eat fish fingers on a regular basis so I'd choose my battles with her and find alternate ways of ensuring the balanced diet she needs - this is where you get to use a low cunning to out wit her hun lol.

One of my twins favours the 'sausage and chip' type meals to anything else, so I provide him with that kind of meal twice/three times a week to satisfy his craving. These days I don't worry too much if he then picks at his cottage pie/veg type alternatives the rest of the week, but just make sure to top up on plenty of fruits (strawberrys/honey/bananas/cheeses/yoghurts etc) as snacks and desserts. With my first child I fretted and fought my way through mealtimes, forcing him to eat a variety of foods and it drove me nuts! In the end we were all miserable and he ended up picking at food anyway. By the time he reached 4/5 he grew out of the pickiness and now tries everything and eatsa very balanced diet ;) Proof positive that most toddlers go through this stage, but do come through it healthy and thriving (that's the benefit of having done all this before Kel, I now know everything turns out ok in the end ;))

My other twin incidentally seems to eat very little (quantity wise), although he does eat a wider variety of things. As a consequence he is nowthe lighter, slighter twin having been my 'chunky monkey' for so long. Proof that their tastes are as indivdual as they are and you can't change that. Try not to stress through this temporary time hun. The fussiness will decrease over time, and until that happens just ensure she gets all she needs thru alternative routes. Hope that helps, take care xxx

Lovely to hear from you and well done on doing all that work. I know ow hard it is, I am studying too. Not enjoying it at all though... One more year!! :)

Totally the same here re the food. My girl is so fussy, she has had lots of appts at hospitals due to failure to gain weight and constant diarrhoea, I am also at my wits end but like pps said, just try and relax, if she doesn't take any food she's not hungry. Offer the same thing I she shows or says that she is hungry and if she is still refusing and I know how frustrating it is, just ignore if she asks for different things.

Hope everything else is going well? How is/was having 3 under 2??

Xxx

Thanks to all of you :) yea she's driving me nuts but I see more and more of me in her everyday, she is very independent and no means no with her, plus we are all Virgos so that is always going to be a challenge in it's :) Virgo's think they always know best lol.

Lizzy so lovely to hear from you :) One good thing is she is yoghurt mad! She stands at the fridge shouting "Yog yog yog" so I do give her plenty of those and also managed to get her into yoghurt covered raisins as she calls them "sweets" :) Hope you are keeping well hun, have missed your advice! xx

Bumblebee how's you? Well if I'm brutally honest.......it's not as hard as I originally thought it would be. Twins pretty much get on with play time on their own and come to me when they are hungry want fill ups on drinks etc, I spend all my time playing when Yas (the baby) is in bed so they don't feel left out and now Yas is crawling around with them so they mainly play and allow me to get on with things, mainly tidying around them all. The twins are a bit rough with Yas sometimes but she's learnt to hold her own to be honest :) I actual think she will control the twins when shes older :)
Bless you, you sound like you've had it hard with your girl, yea it's worrying when they blankly refuse anything I feel like a bad Mum hence why I've given in alot against my better judgement. I hope things improve for you, and lovely to hear from you :)

San fran shan and Ems :hi: lovely to see you are both still on here, I miss speaking to everyone and thank you for your replies, I'll keep on it she's got to give in sometime lol xxx

Amjon pleased to meet you :) wishing you all the best for the future xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->