yes, or no?

megrenade

Reaction score
I have my girl name picked out..

but I'm a little unsure of the boy name I picked out: Gibson Boyd.. nickname: Gibby like on iCarly (haha).

I mean, I really like it.. it's not too crazy, and it's unique - it's the only thing so far that has stuck in my head.. I know I have a long time to think about it, but I like to have things set in stone as soon as possible.. haha.

thoughts? suggestions?

thanks ladies.

Only because I don't like surnames as first names. E.g Findlay, Mackenzie. Also the shortened form (Gibby) is the name of a really scummy area in the next town from me.

Only because I don't like surnames as first names. E.g Findlay, Mackenzie. Also the shortened form (Gibby) is the name of a really scummy area in the next town from me.

thanks for the input :)

Same for me.. don't like surnames as first names :)

Me too on the whole surname as first name thing!

Not a fan sorry...I don't mean to sound offensive but the first thing that came to mind was Gibbon! :blush:
...and then the guitars, which isn't so bad ;)

I actually think Gibson is nice (although, my thoughts DID go to guitars!) but I'm not in love with Boyd... just my 2 cents!

well, Gibson was after the guitars.. because I, as well as my parents, grandparents, and great grandparents are all musicians -- and Boyd is after my Uncle Arlis, who was a big part of my life when I was little.

I didn't know Gibson was a surname!

I have only ever heard Gibson as surname, it is quite a common surname in the UK. Never heard it as a first name!

I have only ever heard Gibson as surname, it is quite a common surname in the UK. Never heard it as a first name!

oh, well I'm in the US and I've never come across anyone with that last name.. haha.

I voted no. I don't care for first names as surnames, generally, and the nickname Gibby sounds way too much like "gobby" for me to be a fan.

Other surname names that sound more pleasant to me:
Blake
Fletcher
Rhys
Hayden
Dane
Edison
Jacoby
Mason
Edwin
Drake
Pierce – my favourite