Yesterday morning I got a big surprise

counting

Mama of 4, growing #5
Reaction score
Took a pregnancy test just to rule out pregnancy, expecting a negative. What an exciting, lovely surprise I got.

Ladies, I was not TTC, and have NO idea how far along I am due to irregular periods and bleeding. How far along do you all think I might be... I see a doctor Wednesday to book me for a dating scan, but just for fun!

Attachments

• LO#2.jpg
    LO#2.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 118
Congratulations, that is a great line! :)

Very strong line so I would say (as a guess) you are at least 4 weeks pg if not 5.

Congrats!!

gorgeous line, congrats I would 4-5 weeks

Wow, congrats! Based on your previous charts and the wackiness that I know is postpartum AFs combined with breastfeeding, I'm guessing that you ovulated on CD 25 (July 9) and are due April 1st. If I'm right, you'd be a little over 9 weeks though!

The same thing happened to me honestly, haha. I guessed when I ovulated and ended up being right. Your temps wouldn't necessarily stay up if you're breastfeeding since prolactin competes with progesterone, which lowers your temp and can cause those spikes even after ovulation. Let us know when you find out for sure though!

I think you mean August 9th! I was thinking I O'd either August 4th or 9th. Making me either almost 5 weeks or 5.5 weeks. I *think* my last period was July 16th, but I bleed all the time due to uterine polyps, so not sure. I did take a preg test right after my wedding, July 12th due to irregular cycles.

Oops, haha, I misread your ovulation chart! Okay my pregnancy wheel is saying you're 5 weeks tomorrow based on Aug. 9th O and due May 2nd. Any morning sickness? :D If not, you're probably at least under 6 weeks! Though maybe you're one of the lucky ones that doesn't get nausea? :p

Oh how's your milk supply? Mine started dropping almost immediately and was noticeably less by 6 weeks, and completely gone by 10 weeks... :(

Lots of nausea for about 2 weeks. I got sick starting about 10dpo with my son, ended up with HG. I have not thrown up with this baby yet, but get really nauseous. I thought it was stress....:blush::haha:

Oh no, hopefully you don't get HG again!

Oh forgo to add, milk supply is still really good, no change. Hope it stays that way for a while as LO is not ready at all to wean.

Yeah, fingers crossed. Most people notice at least some decrease in supply. My DD has nursed right through the supply drop thankfully, so I just hope colostrum comes in soon!

So the surprises continue...! Had to go to emerg last night due to severe, hard cramping. After several hours in emerg, I got a blood test and an ultrasound. Baby is healthy looking with a strong heartbeat. But it turns out instead of 5.5 to 6.5 weeks pregnant like I thought, I was cramping so hard because my uterus was stretching. Because baby looks according to the doctor, more like a 9-10 week old baby!!! We could see heartbeat, head, arm and leg buds, and the baby's spine. This kid is FULL of surprises. In such shock. Still need a proper dating scan though as emergency room ultrasound does not actually measure size. Ps. Blood levels are 89,000.

OMG was I actually right with my mis-calculated ovulation date? :haha:

If you're worried about the cramping, you can take some cramp bark in hot water, drink lots of water, and lie down. I had problems early on this pregnancy and was given a 50/50 chance of miscarriage, so my midwives had me take cramp bark whenever the cramps/spotting started and it really worked wonders!

Doctor really reassured me its just because baby is stretching out so I feel much better :). Thanks for the tip and the support ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->