Yesterday morning I got a big surprise

Ohh I love stories like these. Congrats!!!

I was going to say at least 8 weeks with a line like that one. Congrats. Gotta pick a special name for this little who is full of surprises.

New update- Baby measured today as 10w3d and I am due April 5th. Following the dates, I got pregnant on my wedding night(Married July 12th!)! What a wedding gift! Unfortunately I also found out there is a small subchorionic hemorrhage behind baby's placenta. Trying to take things easy and relax, but it's hard under the circumstances. So in love with this little surprise baby already.

Wow, nice wedding present!
Try not to worry about the SCH. Lots of women here have them (or had them), including me. Mine was large at 6 weeks and I was GUSHING blood -- but it reabsorbed and all is well. It's a really good sign that yours isn't actively bleeding. SCHs diagnosed in the first trimester are more likely than not to reabsorb without causing problems, and especially small ones. :)

Hahaha, I still can't believe I was 4 days off of your due date (I guessed April 1) just by looking at your chart incorrectly. :haha:

It IS actively bleeding, as in I am spotting. Not too heavily though, which is good. I heard it can bleed the excess blood out or it can reabsorb. I"m hoping it'll go away soon. I'm trying not to be afraid, taking things very easy. Luckily I have lots of family here to help out with my rambunctious toddler and to help me get plenty of rest.

I also think it is hilarious you guessed almost exactly right by mistake! I also find it VERY funny I got pregnant on my wedding night- what are the chances right?(Especially since I bled so much 3 days later and for 2 weeks following I thought I had a period!)

What an awesome wedding present! :) Congratulations!

Hopefully the spotting will stop soon and the rest will reabsorb. :hugs:

Oh no, I'm sorry you're bleeding! I looked into SCH a lot since I was really scared as well, and the advice I saw over and over again (which you may have been told by your care provider) is to avoid all strenuous activity, no sex, orgasms, and try to do bed rest during active bleeds. Drink lots of water, too. That's great you have help and are able to take it easy!
Cramp bark in hot water really helped me during times when I was spotting or cramping (my midwife had me get this). I was also taking baby aspirin at the time and was told to stop immediately after my SCH diagnosis, and the bleeding tapered off shortly after. There's a support group here and also a few on FB, and positive outcomes are definitely the majority! Fingers crossed for you!

So crazy you didn't know until you were almost 10 weeks! No bad morning sickness or other symptoms? Hehe, getting pregnant on your wedding night sounds so stereotypical, but very awesome!

I was nauseous, but nothing like with my son( i had HG with him)!! I was going through a very difficult time (FIL had to be hospitalized, moving, and my aunt passed away from cancer all in the span of a few weeks) so I thought that I was feeling sick and had no appetite because I was so stressed. Then right before I took my pregnancy test I looked in the mirror and I had a bit of acne (which I never had since I was pregnant with Joey) and my hair just kept looking greasy even after it was just washed (Which was a big pet peeve when I was pregnant before!), so I asked DH to buy me a pregnancy test when he went to work the next day, just in case. :blush: The worst part was for a few weeks before this my mom kept saying to me, ever time I would say I felt sick: Are you sure you aren't pregnant? Apparently mothers really do just know. :dohh:

I had a friend who had a large sch and by the 2nd trimester it was all gone. Just rest and do what the doctor says and you'll be good to go. And yes, that's a great wedding present.

What a lovely wedding present! Hope the bleeding calms down for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->