Yoga during Twin Pregnancy

mommyof3girls

Mom to 5 girls.
Reaction score
I was wondering when it was safe to start doing yoga during a twin pregnancy.

What should be avoided?

Hi,
I switched from my normal yoga class to a maternity/antenatal class at 13 weeks.
The maternity class has special modified positions, to minimise the risk of discomfort and injury, and basically no core-strength work.
I have really loved going to maternity yoga classes, and it has been a good way to meet other mums-to-be in my area who are interested in health and fitness.

Thank you for the advice. My brother in law is a yoga instructor and he told me to wait until 13-15 weeks to start prenatal yoga. I just wanted to double check, since he is a guy. :haha:

I had just started working out and doing yoga before I got pregnant. Once I found out I was pregnant with twins I kind of planted my butt on the couch.

oohh deffinitely recommend pregnancy yoga - I think I was about 14 weeks when I started and finished at 30 odd weeks when I could no longer drive to the class lol. I really slept sooo much better after I had done yoga definitely recommend it

Hi

I had never done any kind of yoga before but started antenatal yoga at 14 weeks. Other than dog walking, since becoming pregnant I hadn't done any kind of exercise so I really wanted to start doing something.

My yoga instructor is also a midwife, and she recommended with a twin pregnancy the earlier you start the better.

I really enjoy it, and it is a nice way to meet other mums to be too x

Thank you girls. It looks like I'll be starting yoga soon. I need to do something other than sit on the couch. I'm pretty sure that I'll be doing a lot of that in a few months.

Good luck with the yoga. I'm sure you will love it.

Haha, yeah, I am spending a lot of time on the couch now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->