Yoga during Twin Pregnancy

mommyof3girls

Mom to 5 girls.
Reaction score
I was wondering when it was safe to start doing yoga during a twin pregnancy.

What should be avoided?

Hi,
I switched from my normal yoga class to a maternity/antenatal class at 13 weeks.
The maternity class has special modified positions, to minimise the risk of discomfort and injury, and basically no core-strength work.
I have really loved going to maternity yoga classes, and it has been a good way to meet other mums-to-be in my area who are interested in health and fitness.

Thank you for the advice. My brother in law is a yoga instructor and he told me to wait until 13-15 weeks to start prenatal yoga. I just wanted to double check, since he is a guy. :haha:

I had just started working out and doing yoga before I got pregnant. Once I found out I was pregnant with twins I kind of planted my butt on the couch.

oohh deffinitely recommend pregnancy yoga - I think I was about 14 weeks when I started and finished at 30 odd weeks when I could no longer drive to the class lol. I really slept sooo much better after I had done yoga definitely recommend it

Hi

I had never done any kind of yoga before but started antenatal yoga at 14 weeks. Other than dog walking, since becoming pregnant I hadn't done any kind of exercise so I really wanted to start doing something.

My yoga instructor is also a midwife, and she recommended with a twin pregnancy the earlier you start the better.

I really enjoy it, and it is a nice way to meet other mums to be too x

Thank you girls. It looks like I'll be starting yoga soon. I need to do something other than sit on the couch. I'm pretty sure that I'll be doing a lot of that in a few months.

Good luck with the yoga. I'm sure you will love it.

Haha, yeah, I am spending a lot of time on the couch now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->