Yoga or no yoga- IVF TWW

gingmg

Reaction score
Hi,
I am having egg collection tomorrow. I have been doing power yoga right along throughout stims, and just stopped this weekend once I could feel that my ovaries were getting full and sore. I will back off to a more gentle yoga now. My clinic does not require bed rest after transfer as they feel moving around gets the blood flowing. I haven't asked yet if yoga is allowed in the TWW (they always said yoga was fine for my IUI TWWs- but somehow IVF feels like it might be different?). I will be mindful of not twisting and not doing abdominal work, and I won't do anymore hot yoga, but I don't want to give it up completely if I don't have to. Did anyone else do yoga in the TWW? And if so, what kind? On the one hand I don't want to hurt my chances if it really isn't good to do, but on the other hand yoga will help keep me sane and grounded, especially if this fails. Thoughts, suggestions, stories?

This is just my personal opinion but I would say you should definitely continue to do yoga if you are already. I agree that doing a gentle yoga and only doing what feels comfortable would be best and don't push yourself too much. I'm doing my 1st ivf in a month and I can't think of any reason I won't continue yoga but I will just listen to my body and not push myself too hard.

Good luck! I really hope you get your bfp!!!

Xx

Thanks sparkle. I will talk to my doctor on ET day, but I have a feeling as long as I tone it down to just a gentle class it should be OK. Good luck in March!

My RE said yoga was fine after ET, just no hot yoga, no abd work, and mindful of twisting. Basically, to take it easy but its fine if its what i normally do. Just what I thought! Although, I'm still too scared to go to a class, maybe in a few more days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->