You can actually get prank first response tests

calm

Reaction score
I just came across this on ebay. You can actually get FRER tests that always come up with two pink lines. I can't imagine a situation in which it would be "fun". It takes all sorts :wacko:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Prank-Fake-Positive-Pregnancy-Test-Best-Joke-Stick-Only-/280623759128?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41567abf18

Yeah those have been offered for the longest time. I can't imagine thinking that was funny either. Maybe on April Fool's or something?

If someone did that to me in a joke they would have to eat the test after :growlmad:

I got pregnant in college and offered a few of my friends to take my positive pregnancy test to their moms (for laughs), but no one did. In hindsight, I'm glad they didn't because it definitely wouldn't have been funny.

Oh, I think there are situations where it would be a funny prank. Me and my husband are always playing tricks on each other so I think it could be funny to get him going. To each their own I guess!!! For instance, I am pregnant right now and we have agreed this is our last since it is our 4th and we feel good about that number. It would be funny to me to take one of those tests when the baby is a couple months old and see his face. We are mean that way though!!!

I couldn't imagine tricking someone [especially DH] into thinking I was pregnant...he wants a baby just as badly as I do and even just teasing him would crush him.

I just think that a fake positive pregnancy test would be in bad taste whatever the occasion.

I guess it would depend on what kind of people you are and what your situation was. If I was trying to concieve and was having trouble, then of course I would never do it. Like I said, to each their own. We are pranksters and my hubby would think it was funny.

I get that it may be funny in some cases, perhaps when I was younger. But after TTC for 11 months and 2 losses, I would never be able to find it funny now. But a few years ago, I may have done it to prank DH. It is definitely different after you are TTC.

After TTC for 3 years and going through 2 chemicals it would totally break DH's heart to be pranked like this. not something we would consider funny.

I think depends on the situation of the person who is looking to buy something like that.... maybies there in a relationship were children is a no go area due to education/work commitments.. but yet there like to play pranks on eachother.

anyone who hasnt tried to concieve a child, are blissfully unaware of the pain that a couple goes through on the quest of having a baby x

I don't know... I suppose I think its too big an issue, even for jokes between people who are not looking for kids. I think you never know what feelings or emotions such a joke could bring up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->