You get to do the allowing, not your provider

NDH

5 on earth, 9 in heaven, 1 in utero
Reaction score
Im ages away from third tri, but I felt this is more relevant to those of you here than in the first trimester so I hope no one minds me popping in to share it.

Some of you may have read it before, but if you haven't, I really encourage you to. Many providers will try to tell you what you are allowed or not allowed to do when it comes to birth (and pregnancy) and we go along with it because they are the experts and we dont know that we have a choice. But we do. Stop allowing them to tell you what you can and can't do. They can make suggestions and recommendations, and you can question them and decline them if you wish.

https://birthmonopoly.com/allowed/

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Great article, and important things to keep in mind! You ALWAYS have the right to decline any test, procedure, or protocol -- even if a care provider says you "have to" do something or will not be "allowed" to do something else. And you have the right to request more information or a second opinion before making a decision, too!

Thank you for posting this! I learned the hard way around with my ds. I learned about all of my rights after he was born! I had a nurse try to revise giving me my son right after he was born and she was the same nurse who jabbed me in the groin with morphine when it was too late! I had refused all pain meds and she just did it when I was unaware and couldn't react... My husband FREAKED!! In the end she was dismissed from the hospital indefinitely thank goodness...

All the women on bnb need to read this!!

Oh gosh thats awful! I'm glad she was dismissed but I wonder how many other women she violated like that :(

I think it is really important that everyone does know their rights, but sadly that isn't always enough cause nurses and drs and midwives do sometimes go against the woman's express wishes anyway which is truly awful . did you hear about the woman who has video footage of telling the dr not to do an episiotomy and he cut her 7 times (I think) anyway?

Less extreme but I was given the injection for helping to expel the placenta when it said I didn't want it in my notes and I wasn't asked it was in my leg before I knew what was going on.
Xx

Thanks for posting! I think it's easy to forget when you're at the mercy of the doctor.

There is a really good book called The Baby Is Coming which is written by a private midwife who champions women making their own choices. Not sure if its available outside of the uk but I got mine from Amazon. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->