you know who your mates are..

mrscookie

Mama and expecting
Reaction score
Anyone else have ignorant mates? When I meet up with them, they tend to say things like '' so fatty, whens it due again'' or after I have said SHE is due this day they go on to call my baby an it again. It just does my head in, she is a person now, not an it, not a thing. Thats another one aswell...'' just think, soon you gotta push that thing out'' Think of the pain its gonna put you through, bit late to get rid of it now eh''

it sickens me... you wait til they have their whole world inside them... I will be a megabitch back to them. Unless they have been pregnant before, they dont tend to understand.
nevermind, just a mini rant for you to read... any stories are welcome to be posted here
xxxx:hug:

People can be total jerks. Just be the bigger person, karma will get them for beings such a-holes

I can't stand when people are like that..One punch in the nose will cure that if I wasn't such a lady..:rofl:They know it gets to u thats why they do it..Just avoid or ignore them when they feel the need to act childish..You're way to classy to stoop to that level..:hugs:

LOL its normally me getting corrected!! I keep forgetting to call her "she" and call her "it"

I spend most of my time surrounded by 99% males anways so i get those comments all the time and just ignore them, i cant be bothered, they'll never understand lol

ahh sweetie, i'm so sorry :hugs: people are idiots, i didn't have too much when i was pregnant, but i stuck mostly with my best friend and OH and family etc, but my best friend said i was quite oblivious to comments and completely unlike me :dohh: she used to correct people and stick up for me, i had pregnancy brain! :hugs:

I have people like this too.

:grr: We will take them on together!! :rofl:

I have one friend who swears that my babes is still a "she" when we have been saying he is a "he" for over 6 weeks now. It makes me very upset when she says it too, I know she doesn't mean any harm, but we are prepared for a boy, he has a name and everything and yet she feels the need to go on my FB account and post "I still think it is a girl" when my status is about my little boy. :(

I also work with some men who are morons...again they mean well, but they say things like "look out chubs" and "don;t sit by the pregnant girl when we are served food!"

no tact!!!

I love you and you are my friend!!! :hugs:

Ahhh i know these kinda comments well and they come from my workmates who are 40something and have kids!

a few of my friends are like this too they just dont undertsand what its like to be pregnant!! i think the same... one day theyll be pregnant and be feeling all the things were feeling now and theyll realize and wish theyd been more understanding!! im the first out of a group of friends to be pregnant so i think its quite hard not having anyof them been through it!! what goes around comes around hun thats what i think!! xx

I've had a few insensitive comments buy the people that know I'm pg, mostly they insist on calling my baby "it" when I correct them and say "we're calling the baby Po for now because we don't calling po "it" " They look at me like I'm crazy and start laughing.

The worse thing I find is, being asked what sex you'd prefere, me saying a girl, and people saying "You can't say that! You don't get to choose you know! that's really horrible saying that" like I actually thought I could choose!!! And how does prefering which sex make me horrible???

I love you and you are my friend!!! :hugs:
*sniffle.. wipes tear*
awww shucks:cloud9::hugs::hugs::hugs:i loves me jayjay I do.

its the best feeling to be on here and have friends that understand you, every emotion, every twinge of fear... my friends are good with most things but when its something they dont understand they just make a laugh out of it. shame really.

the whole what sex do you want thing really bugs me, I have had 2 people say '' DONT HAVE A GIRL''....why ask me what I want then say that. I just reply with, ''yeah im havin a girl, but after you just said that, i'm going home to take a magic pill that will give her some boy bits and hey presto''

idiots:dohh: lol

Karpy, as for 40 year olds... thats is so immature of them. You'd think they would understand better than anyone, but having said that (i sound a bit simon cowell-esque there lol) I find that alot of people who have had kids already decide it is fun to sprout on you the old '' OOO better sleep while you can/get used to your house being a mess/your life will never be the same again/anything they can possibly think of to turn our miracles into something negative.
sod em i say :D we know what we are in for! You more than anyone karpy, 3 years is a long time to plan and prepare for whats to come
:hug::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thankfully only one of my mates has been like this, and she has a baby! All my other friends are just really excited. A few of them have even knitted clothes, baby blankets and one made a cot mobile! I've been really lucky, but then I don't have many friends, but a few very close ones.

Awww hunny! Most of my mates have already had babies so I don't get this crap. I'd just keep correcting them, flip out then blame it on the hormones lol Then they'll know how your feeling!:hugs:

I had this first time round my friends dumped me as i couldnt drink anymore! And this time they were like 'youre pregnant again'? why u wanna have more kids! Im like cos kaitlin is an only child at the mo and i want them close in age thanx!!!

i hada friend who was a complete bitch. another of our friends was pregnant, a few weeks behind me, and she had her 12wk scan nd no heartbeat was found :( my friend (the bitch) said to me with all the complications you've had and with other friends pregnancy being normal i should have lost my baby not her. i saidd excuse me? and bitch friend said other friend shouldnt have lost baby i should have coz that would have been fair........safe to say we arent talking anymore.
some people...grrr

I am extremely bored with the withering looks I get when I say anything is better than feeling like this because at least after the birth I will be me again. Apparently what I am saying means I will get 10 straight hours sleep a night, my baby will be an angel and life will be rosy. Which of course is bull. I'm far from unrealistic about what having a new born will be like and I know there will be strife and unexpected things but it doesn't change the fact that since getting pregnant I have been a shadow of my former self and incapable of doing almost anything at all. It is not possible for me to feel worse not being pregnant than I do being pregnant.

Nemo - I can't believe someone would say such a thing to their worst enemy!

Nemo - That is terrible!!!! Sorry to say but I am happy you no longer speak to her. SHe is no more of a friend than I am NOT pregnant :rofl: :hug:

Melbo - I agree....sod 'em!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I am closer to the girls on BnB than most of my non-computer friends.....:kiss:

Well I had two twat mates I got rid of and even they didnt go so far as to call me fatty! thats pure arrogance and not funny when your pregnant at all. try an insult back about their fertility or lack of eggs and sperm to see how they like it.

Anyway two twat mates gone that tried to run my life, said i should be doing this or that, they near had all my pets rid of! going on how they should not be here my dogs and cats. Then they near had my attic raided like they where on cash in the attic show for money! wtf? leave me airlooms alone thanks. They got angry when i didnt listen to their adice whcih was stupid advice and threw it back in my face about how helpful they where. (one of their advice was to squat in an abandoned house with a kid to get a free house??? now come on the f*ck i have a roof over my head and i pay for t and would like to keep it no matter how much they think my house is to big for me)
They used to slag my bf off and put him down and say he didnt have it him to be a dad and he is more than excited about being a dad and wont leave my side! accusing him of everyting and tracking his movements!
tellling me my kid was goibg to be like theirs (Ones a drug addict at 13 and the other smashes MY house up in temper fits)
buys stuff for me then says she always does stuff for me and that she is so nice. I didnt ask her to and why would soeone go on and on after doing sometihng for someone? what do i owe her? the world? says she does stuff for everyone and no one does for her. (THEN STOP IT!)
piciked the colours for my livingroom and painted it didnt listen to what i wanted and saidmy tsate was bad, so i sat there with a livingroom i dont like now. I had to fight for the flock wall paper they didnt like to go on my wall! thank god i got rid before the nursary was started as they didnt like my colour scheme!
also where buying loads but holding it against us like we had to owe them everything after they done so gave it al back to them.

finially ended when they accused my oh of something he didnt do and send him nasty texts, i got my nosein there and went mental! how dare they controll every bloody thing and go on like that. She came up abd started a row with me and she was pissed drunk in the street! My mate seen it all and i wouldnt go out in case she assulted me in my state. Went into everytihng she hated about us we thought she liked. how she was getting social services after us for having dogs?? ok is it against the law to have pets?
howshe was going to make me pay for asking her in that text to grow up and tell my dad (my dad! lol what age is she!)
then started in my mate and left her in tears! She was nasty and i recorded it all on my phone so everyone could hear in case she forgot and she found that out and will not come near me.

she better not! nasty cow! This is all since i got pregnant her and he oh started butting in my life and taking everything over! i cant be bossed about, it wasnt even advice it was standing over me with a big stick having a go at me for everyting.

sorry i needed that rant there.

Urgh thats a bit horrible :hugs: I get called fatty all the time but its mostly by my mother :rofl: and its all fun!! People just dont get it when they've not been preggers, i cant even begin to imagine that i would have understood 9months ago what i'd be feeling now!!

Ugh my 'friends' have been like this.

Like NessaJane Im the first out of all to move out and get my own place and then fall pregnant. I didnt even tell any of them when I lost my LO back in February :cry:

Iv been asked to go to a nightclub tomorrow night-one that I used to go to frequently before I was expecting my little Spud. My friends have text me today to 'check' im coming when I told them weeks ago that I wouldnt be joining them, then said I was soooooooooooo boring now Im with Alan and pregnant.

Id love to go out-dont get me wrong-i LOVE to dance!! But I dont want to be surrounded by drunken eejits who fall about all over the place, barge into you, make STUPID comments and generally pee me off. Itd be loud, dark and smoky. Id be stood in a safe quiet corner desperatly trying to keep my ever-expanding tum safe from harm. . .I wouldnt have a wild night would I!!!Why take a risk when this is only for 9 months???

They truly dont understand. But to be fair-pregnancy has made me realise that these people are not worth my waste of oxygen!!! x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->