"you will know when you are in labor" . . . really?

Al Syr

Reaction score
I am pregnant with my second, and just like with my first one I do not know If I am in labor.

I got a very intense and painful breath taking contraction at 10:00 am, I had to stop and breathe through it, and went about my business. Had another one just as intense at 10:20 am . . . got up to go to the bathroom, it hurt to walk. I sat on the toilet finished and when I wiped there was a ton of mucus with red blood.

I talked to my doctor already, of course they cannot give me a yes or no labor answer but they just told me to wait until contractions get closer together.

I have been getting these painful contractions every 20-30 minutes . . .
while I wait and see if this is real labor tell me what you think? labor or not?

These contraction are the same as when I was in labor with my son 21 months ago but even though I recognize them I still DONT KNOW IF IM ACTUALLY IN LABOR!!!

LOL, I agree with this. I had the same contractions when I went to the hospital with "false labor" with my first baby, as I did when I was in "active labor". Only reason I knew it was "time" the second time around because my water had broken. I have NO idea how I'll know I'm in labor this time. I'm scared to go back with false labor again. lol

Every 20-30 minutes without fail? I would say yes early labor...

LOL, I agree with this. I had the same contractions when I went to the hospital with "false labor" with my first baby, as I did when I was in "active labor". Only reason I knew it was "time" the second time around because my water had broken. I have NO idea how I'll know I'm in labor this time. I'm scared to go back with false labor again. lol

That is why I do not want to go in yet. I never had false labor with my first, when I felt these contractions it was the real thing. But I still dont know!

They say established labour is contracting every 5 minutes or more, and most maternity units wont have you on labour ward until then, it sounds like you're in early labour if the contractions are painful!

Hope it progresses quickly for you! Good luck!
X

Sounds like you're on your way! Keep active to get things moving x

Second time around I thought I had trapped wind as I was contracting in my anus. Midwife said it wasnt labour and that t started at top of bump, Bull . Whole day it got worse and worse then I finally was on my knees with each one and accepted it was labour.

I had no idea I was in labor. I was induced and just had constant menstrual cramps. Two hours later I delivered.

They say established labour is contracting every 5 minutes or more, and most maternity units wont have you on labour ward until then, it sounds like you're in early labour if the contractions are painful!

Hope it progresses quickly for you! Good luck!
X

Oh I definitely know not to go to L&D anytime soon. I just wish I knew for sure if it is labor. It is pretty painful and consistent so I ma like 5% leaning towards yes.

Be nice if every labour was text book and the same wouldn't it! I was induced with my first so didn't really pay an attention to what was happening as I was already at the hospital! I had contractions 5-8 minutes apart from 5 hours yesterday. They stopped at 2am and nothing since. S annoying!!

I have no clue when it's proper labour but thankfully my OH seems to know intuitively that it is, otherwise I would really be in trouble :D xx

I have this issue... mainly because with ny first, i never even hd braxton hicks, my water literally just broke, and.contractions started after!

Ok I think I'm in labour . . . Since I can't really think to breathe through each contraction. They are still far apart but really FU***** painful

At least you worked it out! Great news! How far apart? Good luck!

When I started to spot blood with known placenta praevia I went to hospital where I was put on a monitor. They kept offering me pain relief & asked me had I been drinking at all! I explained I wasn't in labour , just there cos I was bleeding. They showed me the monitor trace and I was contracting every 4-5 minutes! Baby was back to back but due to old spinal injury I couldn't feel the back pain with each contraction.
This time I am in pain with just BH!

I just "knew" i was in labor the other day i was having contrations for 4 hours 5-10 apart at first then when i went in to the L&D to be monitored they where 3-4 mins apart and pretty intence then they just slowed WAY down and stopped :nope::growlmad: and in two hours i had no change in my cervix so they sent me home now i have had nothing since i am so frustrated

I Was in labour and I had my baby!

Ok I think I'm in labour . . . Since I can't really think to breathe through each contraction. They are still far apart but really FU***** painful

Sounds good! How are you doing today????

Sounds good! How are you doing today????

I am tired! From when I got to the hospital to when it was time to push it w only 5 hours!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->