You won't believe this....

pink.crazy

Mummy to 2 boys!
Reaction score
we saw the health visitor today and she was AMAZING!!! Yes, you read that right, an amazing HV!!!
It's a pity she's only temp.
She worked for years on a neonatal unit and was GREAT about everything.. she also had a preemie herself. I'm gutted that she's only temp, but the good news is we won't see anyone now until 10 months!!! Ha.

She gave me the weaning talk! In fact we talked for ages. She asked how I was feeling, and I actually opened up about how I'm feeling (dwelling/thinking back to the NICU/SCBU experience) she said she doesn't think MY needs were met properly by the team and she's encouraged me to put it into words on the survery I've been sent. I don't know if I dare but she thinks once it's on paper it'll be off my chest so to speak...

Anyway.. my little munchkin, who's 2 days shy of 5 months old... weighs..........

12LB EXACTLY!!!!! :) :)

shes one in a million, i tell ya!!! :rofl:

This just adds credence to my theory. While HVs have to be trained nurses before doing the HV course, they can be just any nurse. And I think a lot of (well meaning) adult and general nurses decide to do the HV course, wanting a change in their career; and as such, they have no children's nursing experience. I feel really strongly that all HVs should have either been trained children's nurses or have at least had experience working on a children's ward/SCBU. (Yes, I say this as a child branch trained nurse that works in SCBU....but, still.) /soapbox

Shame she's temporary, but I'm glad she was there for you! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->