Young knitters?

It's truly just practise. You need to accept a certain number of really ugly bits and pieces before you finally feel somewhat satisfied with something, I think.
I have a whole bunch of "cat mats" - knitting disasters that wound up cozying up the kitty bed! :)

I knit, I can only do a basic knitting stitch so only ever make scarfs but they are practical and you can never have too many scarfs :)

I went to the sewing and craft show at Alexandra Palace last week with my mum and there was a group there teaching people to knit, when we walked past there was a group of 4 girls in year 10/11 all learning to knit and keen to carry on on there coach on the way home!

I knit but I'm quite old at 28! I go to a knitting club once a month and it's lovely to sit and chat with everyone-young and old :haha:

I was just gonna say I'm a young knittter but I'm 28 too, does that make me an oldie ??:haha:

Ah well I feelyoung and have the same sense of humour as a toddler so I'm gonna call myself a young knitter :happydance:

I love knitting and recently showed my DH up royally by sitting at his band practice when he was "rocking out" with all his super cool rock/metal friends knitting up a lovely little handbag. The lead singer looked at me aghast and asked what I was doing. Not sure he was that impressed when I told him :haha:

I taught myself last year using youtube vids and a book, took a while to get my head round the abreviations but I got there in the end. If you want a nice, quick and rewarding project why not make up some mini hats for innocent smoothies, for every hat you make Age UK gets 25p.

I love knitting and recently showed my DH up royally by sitting at his band practice when he was "rocking out" with all his super cool rock/metal friends knitting up a lovely little handbag. The lead singer looked at me aghast and asked what I was doing. Not sure he was that impressed when I told him :haha:

Next time he's looking less than impressed, you can inform him that Kelley Deal, lead guitarist with The Breeders, not only knits, but she's also published a book or two on knitting!

Knitting absolutely *IS* rock & roll....and I often knit during lengthy soundchecks before gigs, and a few 'big name' singers in Ireland cherish the scarfs I've knitted for them, to keep their necks warm and to protect their voices

I'm taking it up as a new hobby - I bought a cheap how-to book to start. It looks fun, it's productive. I'm looking forward to busting it out today, actually.

Love this thread! I'm 20 and taught myself to knit using books and things at about 13, and loved it ever since! Now doing the last sleeve of a cable-knit cardigan, and almost finished a fluffy blanket :') love knitting & am currently trying to decide on my next project! xxxxx

I really want to learn how to knit and crotchet. To the how to books actually help?

I can't comment on books as my mum taught me the basics when I was little, but since getting more adventurous, I've found you tube invaluable for learning new techniques/stitches etc. AND it's free! :thumbup:

I managed to teach myself using books, and YouTube to crochet; try a mix of both :) xxx

My future MIL tried to teach me how to knit or crochet (I don't remember which), I didn't enjoy it very much though. I plan to try again though.

I learned a ton from books. My mum taught me garter stitch and gave me a copy of Stitch 'n' Bitch by Debbie Stoller - hilarious and very very helpful!
I also found a beginner's class at my local yarn shop and wound up taking classes there for a few years - it was so fun and such a great way to learn.

Oh! And I just found out about a new online craft class site called Craftsy. I don't know much about it yet, but I think (?) it's affiliated with Etsy...?
Coud be another one to check out.

Craftsy is a lovely place. Haven't taken any classes with them yet, but it's an interesting concept!

Hurray I love knitting those am 28 also I'm really not ready to say I'm old yet so yes I am a young knitter! I love Debbie bliss patterns and the stitch and bitch books. Knitting my lord some gorgeous cabled legalrmers ATM :)

Eta haaaaaaaaa that is a classic auto correct sentence I mean lo and legwarmers :rofl:

I just turned 30 this month I have been knitting for around two years and crocheting for five.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->