Young n unprepared have em right n left! Ironic?

Rayych77

Reaction score
While the couples who are ready n who would make suitable parents, have to put such effort into conceiving! I just started TTC this month. So I am just learning what planning it takes. And I look around at the 16 year olds everywhere, who had a one night stand or forgot a condom a few times, who are pregnant..and it nearly blows my mind! And while the unprepared, young girls are having babies right n left, may have age on their side.. But are often smoking, drinking, and/or using drugs which effect fertility. So I would think its an evenly fertile ground with the ladies who are older, but healthy n taking all the right steps for fertility?! What is going on here!

i know its so frustrating! i guess its the age they are at and the guys they are with are young and have plenty of sperm haha
it just doesn't seem fair :( ahve long have you been TTC? xox

I've only just started, I started last month but hadn't done my research n was past ovulation, so im considering this my first month since now I kno what im doing :) n like I mentioned, although they r young they r likely drinking n smoking which is so harmful to fertility, drops it more than 50%?! which most older couples who are TTC dont do. Im also a firm believer in God which makes this all that much more mind boggling. But yea, just started, n im already going crazy with excitement!! I can't imagine couples who have been trying for years ): or even several months. How long have u been trying!?! Are u going crazy yet!? :)

Hi guys

I no longer get upset or mindboggled at these things anymore. These girls are young, fertile and at it like rabbits but it makes me think nature will never be a feminist. Nature doesn't give a damn about our jobs and need to make careers and need to live a little before we get tied down with kids ( please God let me get tied down with a few kids soon!) It's a harsh choice. Have kids early and make a career later or try and prevent kids until you've made your career and then find out your body won't deliver grrrrr.

Not that I condone young emotionally immature girls getting pregnant but God do I envy them.

Hey Ladies,

I am actually watching 16 and pregnant, I finished season 3 on Saturday, and I tell you, I balled my eyes out and I kept saying to myself, Dear Lord, why am I not that lucky?

Well needless to say I cant stop watching the program!! Im on season 4 now.

These girls are so young..... Its actually sad...........

Like I say, its not in our time, but in his time...... You just have to keep the faith, and continue to keep on going till you get that BFP!!!!

I have been at it for 2 years...... And the worst part is everyone around me is preggies, even my baby sister, and my 2 cousins....

Hey Tymeg

I know what you mean. When I watch these young girls going through pregnancy and throwing tantrums and generally being brats to their poor parents (Teen Mom I'm looking at you!) I'm like huff I would never do that I deserve one of those...but then some of the young uns really really love their kids you can tell, they just need a bit of help and time to parent better.

Anyway you are staying positive at the moment so hopefully you'll be joining the ranks of NotSoTeen Moms soon!:happydance:

Hey Tymeg

I know what you mean. When I watch these young girls going through pregnancy and throwing tantrums and generally being brats to their poor parents (Teen Mom I'm looking at you!) I'm like huff I would never do that I deserve one of those...but then some of the young uns really really love their kids you can tell, they just need a bit of help and time to parent better.

Anyway you are staying positive at the moment so hopefully you'll be joining the ranks of NotSoTeen Moms soon!:happydance:

LOL..... They really get to my last nerve, I feel jumping into the tv....lmao...

Yeah I am positive, and not stressing as much this month, I just feel calm.... :thumbup:

**sigh** I have been asking myself this question a LOT lately.
I have a friend who has had 5 children since we graduated highschool (7 years ago) and she says they never tried.
I also have a friend who is on baby #3 with babydaddy #3 and I just can't :growlmad:

It makes me sad that these people who don't even want children can just to the BD and BAM! baby. But, here some of us are, struggling every month. It's sad.

I completely understand where you're coming from.

I agree, it sucks!!!! Facebook is my biggest enemy right now. I get on see how everyone in there sister is pregnant/has babies. Ugh WHYYYYYYY. Waiting for AF to arrive any day now, praying it doesn't come!

Hey Tymeg

LOL..... They really get to my last nerve, I feel jumping into the tv....lmao...

Yeah I am positive, and not stressing as much this month, I just feel calm.... :thumbup:

I'm relieved I'm not the only one who feels this way. I felt like a terrible person.

I was at the grocery store the other night and watched this.... for lack of a better word.... gross woman with 3 children. She was yelling at them, they were dirty, their clothes didn't fit, and she was putting beer in her carts. Saw her again at the checkout and she bought one of those HUGE carton packs of Marlboros while her kids were begging her for candy.

I'm just looking at DH thinking .... why can she have them? He shakes his head because he can read my mind and reminds me that we will have ours when it's time.

Still seems horribly unfair.

I work in daycare - the worst is when a pregnant mother with two toddys comes in smelling of cigarettes and vodka, with her skirt so short you can see her knickers and who doesn't even Say goodbye to her kids. If you don't want to have a family, be responsible and think ahead...
Or look after them! There's no excuse for unfitting clothes with the many places to buy them cheap now!

Jeeze, GVW n bunnysoils, I know how u feel! I'm always SO outraged seeing these kind of mothers, u just wanna grab their babies n take them home with u. Always sucks knowing I can't say anything, not like they would consider my words, only get defensive, n plus.. U just can't say "hey ur kids could use that money for food!" In the checkout line. I also cant understand a friend of mine with a kid, NEVER posts anything about her kid on FB! Not even pics! D: kinda upsets me. but besides that FB is my enemy also, soo many other baby posts. As tymeg said.. Our Father will bless us in our time! So hard not to think about the reasons others have been blessed with children before the more desearving. Gotta let him do his job though, can't question there. Everything is for a reason!! Very frustrating sometimes tho. I only just started TTC, but frustrating with all the lovely women I see struggling to conceive!

I can't watch Teen Mom or 16&Pregnant because it drives me crazy.

I also waited until I finished school (multiple degrees), got married, had a great career, etc. Don't regret any of it BUT wish that I didn't now have age hanging over me, even though I'm not really that old (33).

Gah! And I know it's not true but I swear everyone and their sister is pregnant - on Facebook, at work, the couple across the street, etc. I feel like I'm surrounded!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->