Young parent, now TTC almost a decade later... Please share your experience!

MamaBunny2

Reaction score
I have two perfect, beautiful, smart, healthy children. I wasn't desperately trying at the time... however, I wasn't preventing.

With my son (now age 13) I was 17 when he was conceived and gave birth at age 18. I had finished my last pack of BC pills the end of December and by the end of January I had a :bfp: His birthday is September 21.

With my daughter (now age 9) I was 21 when she was conceived and gave birth at age 22. I was on the Depo shot and finished my third month, but did not continue BC after. I do not remember when I got a :bfp: but recall :af: started during our trip to Maryland July 4th and the estimated conception date was around July 18th so it happened relatively quickly. Her birthday is April 2.

Now around a decade later since my last, I am TTC with my partner (who does not have any children) and it isn't happening as "effortlessly" :nope:

I have been on some form of BC since the birth of my daughter, whether it be the Depo shot, IUD or most recently the pill. I have also experienced an unexplained bout of frequent vaginal infections over the years since the birth of my youngest and have always seen my OB/GYN for exams and treatment. It became so frequent and detectable that I would make office appointments and knew exactly what was going on and what meds I needed so he gave me numerous refills to eliminate all of the trips :wacko: As of late, however, it hasn't been AS bad. FX

I discontinued my BC pill mid cycle in May, followed by a breakthru bleed then a regular mensus. After no success our first try, I decided to educate myself with OPK and BBT charting which has been very interesting. I appear to have regular cycles. I get + OPK's then my BBT spikes and stays elevated during my LP, which appears to be a normal length. My periods appear regular as well, lasting 4-6 days. My partner and I also purchased a SpermCheck fertility test kit for him, which gave a positive :thumbup: I have noticed, however, 2 cycles ago that I wasn't appearing to produce EWCM so we used Pre-Seed fertility friendly lube this last cycle hoping that would help. I am otherwise healthy, although I have been smoking for a few months and have decided to give that up this month forward for good now that we are TTC.

This will be our fourth month actively trying. I do consider myself lucky, already having two amazing children. It took a friend of mine and her husband 5 years to have their first... so my few months of trying shouldn't be a big deal. But now that I'm TRYING for another child I'm growing very concerned, given the simple fact that I have children... so why isn't it happening as easy NOW? Am I broken? Did the infections cause damage? Is something wrong with him?

I try not to overthink or stress myself out but easier said than done... I'd love to hear from others that are or have been in a similar situation, it definitely helps!

I just read this article, which helped ease my mind a bit:
https://www.bellybelly.com.au/conception/when-should-you-start-worrying#.VA3qg8JdWSo

I don't have any advice but I just joined to get more info on this same thing. I was 19 and 23 my kids are now 12 and 8. We thought we were done but decided that we wanted one more. I'm also trying to figure out how all this works.

Welcome! Yeah, back then I didn't realize all of the specifics involved in conceiving and how complex a woman's body is... I just thought you "did the deed" and voila! After having a boy and a girl, I thought I was done too but since I'm divorced and my new partner has no children and is an amazing father figure, I desperately want to give him at least one child of his own. For the past 3 or so months I've been really consuming myself with BBT, OPK and symptom spotting :wacko: so my partner and I decided that I should take a break from all of that and let it happen when it's meant to. The stress I cause myself - and him - doesn't help I'm sure :nope: Hopefully we will get our :bfp: in the near future! GL and :dust: to you!

Totally hear you MamaBunny! I got pregnant while on the pill with my daughter after missing 3 days of active pill. I was also on bcp for years, then stopped in June. Like you, I had breakthrough bleeding then had a normal cycle. My cycles also appear to be normal length, etc. and through use of OPK I know I ovulated last month. We have not been trying long, so I'm trying not to over-think things. I am worried my fiance could have issues, or maybe I have developed something since DD was born. I was 22 then, and 30 now. Baby Dust to us BOTH!

Domara I wonder about my partner sometimes too, that's why we bought one of those SpermCheck fertility tests for him... but I know just because it gives a + result, it doesn't mean his :spermy: have good mobility or shape which can put a damper on our TTC plans. I also worry that something may have happened to me since having my daughter... like blocked tubes or hostile CM or something. After just 3 months of TTC, we've decided that I should take a break from the temping, charting and OPK testing because it's really starting to consume my life and cause us both stress :wacko: but I enjoy chatting with other women like myself who are TTC so I won't be straying from BnB! :dust: to you!

Figured I'd update and share that we got our :bfp: in December during cycle #7 :happydance: Guess neither him nor I are broken after all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->