Your babies routines????

em82

preg -2nd triemester
Reaction score
Hi,

jacob is 5 weeks now and was just windering how often your babies are feeding/sleeping and wether you have a night time routine?

at the moment jacob is taking 4-5ozs formula every 3-4 hrs. i bath him before his feed at night about 8-9ish then he has his bottle then he settles in his moses basket. I take him upstairs and he sleeps until next feed, about midnight. feed then hopefully he settles again for a couple of hours. after next feed he is a bit unsettled so he ends up in bed with us!!!!

In morning he feeds then sleeps for about 2 hrs then i wash him dress etc and the day follows same sort of pattern. are any of your babies going for longer periods at night???

we have a night/bed time routine, but NOTHING during the day!!!

she's three weeks old... bath/wash, nappy change, cuddle with daddy 8pm...feed til asleep, usually nine ish... she sleeps til 2/3am (!) then i feed her, she goes back inher basket til 6/7am. then after feeding she may go back to sleep for a bit, she may not!!

then the evil day starts!!! should she have a day routine? se basically won't sleep or amuse herself unless she's in someone's arms.

im not sure how i got a night time routine to work, when i can't manage a day time one..! i just did that routine as soon as i got out of hospital and by some miracle she slept!!

at a total loss what to do with her in the day...????

try a little routine it can't hurt can it?

its difficult isnt it?? your night time sounds great tho, Im hoping it will just sort itself out over the next couple of weeks. i try to keep him awake a bit in the day but its no good if he wants to sleep thats it he will sleep!!!!!

7pm bath,followed by massage,pyjamas,lullabye and rocking.
7:30pm he usually sleeps.

Every morning when he wakes up I say "Goodmorning Skyler!"

That is the only routine I have. I feed on-demand and he wakes up when he feels like it.During the day I make sure to look out for signs that he is sleepy then I put him in my sling and he sleeps.The little time that he is awake I give him 10minutes tummy time,show bright pictures in books,sing to him,pull faces and make noises.The rest of the time I am wiping away drool and changing clothes and diapers!

Hi,

jacob is 5 weeks now and was just windering how often your babies are feeding/sleeping and wether you have a night time routine?

at the moment jacob is taking 4-5ozs formula every 3-4 hrs. i bath him before his feed at night about 8-9ish then he has his bottle then he settles in his moses basket. I take him upstairs and he sleeps until next feed, about midnight. feed then hopefully he settles again for a couple of hours. after next feed he is a bit unsettled so he ends up in bed with us!!!!

In morning he feeds then sleeps for about 2 hrs then i wash him dress etc and the day follows same sort of pattern. are any of your babies going for longer periods at night???

No routine at 5 weeks... sorry. We're just starting to get a routine, and my LO is 3months tomorrow.

Just keep doing the same thing every day even if it gets altered a bit by baby. It'll get better.

Now we start night routine at 7:30 or so... by 8:30 we're nursing our last shot and hopefully by 10pm we're ready for night night (sometimes we go down early at 9:30.

She's been sleeping until 2:30 or 3:30 so that's about a 5 hour stretch. Then she's up a half hour or 45 mins, then asleep for 3-4 hours. Then we wake up and through the day we have wake-sleep periods of 2-3 hours awake to 1-2 hours alseep.

Hi,

Hahaha!! Routine!?!?! Dylan is about four and a half months old and we have almost no routine to speak of. The only thing we can rely on is that he'll be asleep by 7pm and wake at about 7am but how many time he'll feed and/or wake in between is anyone's guess! I did get a bit stressed about it for a while but now I just look out for signs of tiredness and hunger and just hope that eventually (ideally before he leaves for college!) he'll sleep through the night!

Good luck with it. My advice is to sleep whenever you can and just try not to get too hung-up on a routine. Just enjoy being a mummy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->