Your Christmas Eve....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielleM

Reaction score
Well the big day is only 24 hours away, the kids are bouncing off the ceiling, you have tons to sort out, so tell us all your Christmas Eve what you usually do!

Here is mine

7am: Going to the supermarket to get all the fresh veg for the dinner

9am: Strip all the beds, clean bedding. Clean the whole house (Evan and OH watch Christmas films)

12am: Go visiting family and friends to drop their presents off

5pm: Chippy tea (got to be done)

6-7pm: Children's bath and bed time, setting out Santa's mince pie milk and carrots

Night: Wrapping the remaining presents and setting them all out ready for the morning, watching all the soaps and then finally collapse into bed ready for a 5am wake up call!!!

All fun and games right!?!

So come on give us the low down on your Christmas Eve!!!

Wow, you do alot on Christmas eve :p

My old routine used to be:
-Early evening: rush to the Trafford Center with my parents to get that one last present we had forgot lol.
-Late Evening: set the Christmas table for the following day and bring all te presents downstairs and put them under the tree.
-Get a takeaway and some chocolate and watch a Christmas movie together.

This year, I'll have my LO who will be like 6 weeks old, so I don't know what my Christmas eve will be like lol :p

:flower: x

Not sure what we are doing christmas eve yet we normally have a party for friends and family where we all exchange presents and our children get to see each other before the big day, my due date is 27th Dec so have decided to give it a miss this year, so need to think of something special for the kids to do

i'll be working for most of it, then doing some last minute wrapping in the evening, nothing exciting lol

Wow, you do alot on Christmas eve :p

My old routine used to be:
-Early evening: rush to the Trafford Center with my parents to get that one last present we had forgot lol.
-Late Evening: set the Christmas table for the following day and bring all te presents downstairs and put them under the tree.
-Get a takeaway and some chocolate and watch a Christmas movie together.

This year, I'll have my LO who will be like 6 weeks old, so I don't know what my Christmas eve will be like lol :p

:flower: x

I know yeah I like to be all ready for Christmas day!! It takes months to plan and prepare everything, then it is all over in a day!!

I suppose with a 6 week old there is not a lot you can do, just make everyone come to you and sit like the Queen of Sheeba!! :smug:

6am-get up go to supermarket to get bits and bobs and junk food for xmas films later (did xmas food shop day before)

7am-strip beds with nice fabric softner
7.15am- make nice brekkie
7.45am quick tidy up (did the big tidy up day before)
9:00am make xmas baking
11:00am-make dinner
12pm settle down to watch xmas films
4pm- put duvet covers back on
5pm chippy tea ALSO!!! lol
6pm-Oh comes home from work
6:15-we all have baths/showers
6:45-we watch a bit of christmas telly
7:30-hang stockings up, put name cards in places where we want presents to be, and leave mince pie drink and carrot out for FC and reindeers
7:45- read xmas story to kids and put them to bed
8:00pm start wrapping presents, and getting familys presents ready to take out tomorrow
9:00pm i go for a walk into the village (dont know why just always do!)
9:30pm settle down with OH watching xmas things with a baileys
11:00 pm put out presents and go to bed usually followed by 6am wake up call lol

yes its very military but im very strict with my schedual nobody messes with my schedual! lol :rofl:

Although it takes months to plan and prepare, it's worth it don't you think? All good days go quickly :p

Yeah good thinking, I should get everyone coming to me. Great idea :thumbup: x

Although it takes months to plan and prepare, it's worth it don't you think? All good days go quickly :p

Yeah good thinking, I should get everyone coming to me. Great idea :thumbup: x

Yeah definatley worth the effort, I just love seeing the kids faces!!

I think christmas is so much more special when you have your own family. I prefered to do a double shift at work christmas day before I had the bubba. I worked as a care assistant so it was nice to make their day enjoyable.

Children definately make Christmas :) they makenit more enjoyable and magical, and there innocence and belief is lovely :D x

We normally go to MILS and have a mini Christmas as we dont see them Xmas day. My kids have an aunty and uncle that are the same age as them (4 and 7) so we do a mini party with games, buffet and Xmas films, Also involved long dog walk over the forest. We normally stay the whole day (do Xmas shop day before or get delivery LOL) we get home about 6ish and have takeaway, do all the Santa things like stocking and put out food....kids in bath, story's and bed (they normally sleep top n tail for Christmas eve!)
I normally go out again with the dog and see the lights and just take a breather really.

After that we chil out, wrap remaining pressies, get presents down and go to bed :D

I don't know what we will be doing yet, we are considering going to a hotel for a couple of nights, funds permitting (read as long as I get my redundancy); our flat is so small and pokey and we don't have the room for a table, you can't exactly eat Christmas dinner on your lap!

I love Christmas eve but this year not sure as my husband will be working in Holland :cry: am really exited for Christmas but think I might be a little bit sad too.

I love Christmas eve but this year not sure as my husband will be working in Holland :cry: am really exited for Christmas but think I might be a little bit sad too.

Oh no might he be over there for Christmas day too?

Yea :( works so much over Christmas...my parents own a poultry farm :lol: so cannot turn down that money and then he works in oil and he has the Christmas shift :nope: so will be coming home just before new year. Planning on doing a second Christmas (prob good thing he will be working so much ha ha)

We all get up at about 8am.
9am - Go shopping!
10.30am - Change bedding/clean up etc
12pm - Go into town for the last few bits (I really love the atmosphere in town on Christmas Eve :cloud9: )
3pm - Come home, Tegan makes her christmas biscuits for everyone
4pm - We go visiting and Santa drops off a gift bag at our house with PJ's, a book, chocolates etc
7pm - we have a chinese
8pm - Tegan goes to bed and we put the prezzies out and just chill :D

I love that santa drops off your xmas pjs and chocs when ye are out visting. I will have my 1st baby this christmas so he or she will be to young to appreciate it but its def a tradition that I would love to start, it must really add to the excitment and build up :loopy:

I love Christmas eve. We go shopping late morning, do a tidy up late afternoon, have Chinese for tea, amelie opens her hamper and the rest of the time will be relaxong and being christmassy! Might visit inlaws tho :( although tbh they should visit us as we have 2 small children.

I think I'll be working in the morning this year but I really want to start our own traditions now so will be stalking this thread for ideas!

Oh yeah Tegansmamma we do the whole christmas eve pj present thing!!! Every year Evan gets PJ's christmas eve and every year he gets really excited wondering what it is!?! Maybe this year will be the year he realises they are PJ's lol!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"