Your Cycles After Your M/C. Help Please!

MRS_HJO

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

First off, I just wanted to say to all of you that I am very sorry for your losses. Secondly, I was hoping you could help me shed some light on what my cycles may be doing now after the m/c by sharing what is going on with you.

So, I actually passed the baby on March 17 at 6w4d. If you count that as CD1, that cycle was a 30 day cycle. I'm now on my second cycle since the m/c. Today I am on CD12, and I have been doing OPKs, but no positive yet. Before the m/c, I was averaging shorter cycles (anywhere from 25-28). So, that would mean that I have no clue when to expect ovulation this time around. It could be tomorrow, but it could also be next week. :wacko:

How have all of your cycles been? Are they similar to what they were before your m/c? Are they different? Longer? Shorter? How long are your cycles and what day are you ovulating within that cycle? And last question: How long have you been trying again since your loss?

Thanks so much ladies. I really appreciate your help, and I'm hoping this will help the other ladies who are in the dark right now too with their cycles!

Heather
:flower:

I'm sorry for your loss. ALL of the ladies on here are great- just too bad I know everyone as a result of this.

Anyway, I had a d&c on Feb 16th and had my first AF exactly 28 days later.. my 2nd AF I had 30 days after that. My cycles before were actually a smidgen longer.. 31-32 days. I O'd earlier by one day the 1st AF and I'm waiting to O this cycle- I am guessing it SHOULD be about the same time as before- I used to O on cd15 or cd16. Today is cd13 for me. I've only had 2 AF's so far and they are SO much heavier AND longer. I used to be done bleeding my day 4 but these last 2 have lingered up to cd8 each time. I've been trying pretty much since the day I knew I was going to miscarry- so I guess about 2 months roughly.

Great questions!

best of luck to you my dear! :dust:

Hello.

I also now have the same questions going round in my head! I haven't done any charting so wouldn't know when I was ovulating etc, but what is strange is that after my early mc in Feb (AF arrived on the day it was supposed to, but it wasn't supposed to - if you know what I mean - anyway 18th), my next AF arrived 28 days later on 18th March and all seemed normal. But this month, it should have been due on 15th Apr. It arrived yesterday (26th)!!!!!!! 11 days late!!!!! I was beginning to think that we'd managed to conceive again but now I have no idea what is going on. I expected AF in March to be more painful/longer/heavier but it wasn't, and then this month it is waaaaay later than normal.... totally confused.com

Before my early mc in Feb and after I finished the pill last July, I was quite regular (27-29days) but in Dec I was 5 days late, Jan I was 4 days late, Feb spot on to the day but shouldn't have been, Mar spot on and now Apr 11 days late. My Doc reckons that if my cycles were going to be affected by stopping the pill, it would have happened straight away but am not so sure to be honest :wacko:

We didn't try to conceive in March, but did try in Apr.
Hope this shows that we are all defo different/confused hun.

Good Luck!

Im in the same boat and currently waiting for results of blood tests. After my late miscarriage (23 weeks) my AF came back 11 weeks later, i got a positive OPK on CD16 and now on CD48 with no sign whatsoever, its so frustrating xx

Wow girls, glad I'm not alone. I'm very sorry for your losses.

Mummy of Ange: It would seem to me that since you had a 2nd tri loss (which by the way, my heart goes out to you. I'm not sure I would be strong enough to live through that), that you *may* have a harder time regulating... It's much like delivering a baby at 40 weeks. You have a long period afterward, etc. So, you had a positive OPK on CD16, but still no AF? That's crazy, and frustrating, and unfortunetly for all of us, I think it's going to take some time to regulate.

mumwannabe: After I stopped b/c in December, my cycles did change around a bit. The first cycle was only 24 days, then the next was 25 days, and the next was more like 28... They kept getting longer. But my personal opinion is that if I have any irregularities now in my cycles, it's due to the m/c... Not the b/c. My body is confused! B/C, then pregnancy, then m/c.... Now trying to find some normalcy. I know my hormones are confused too because I've had awful headaches.

hollyw79: Yes, agreed, all of the women on here are so supportive. I've made some really great friends through this m/c. At least there is some positive to come out of it. My first period after was a bit longer than usual, and was weird... it started out as spotting on the first day, but then was VERY heavy the second day with cramps, then it was on and off heavy and light for the next 5 days after that. I thought I would be done, and then boom, back again. SO, it sounds like we are going through the same AF weirdness. I'm just thankful to be cycling again, but really want to see a positive OPK now. That would make me very thankful to know everything is doing what it should.
Well, hopefully some women will reply to this that have had a few cycles since her m/c and be able to tell us what it's been like for them.

My cycle definitly changed after I MC. It went from 28 to 35 days. Also I went from having it for 6-7 to 4-5 days.

I had medical management on the 1st Jan, next period was 7 weeks later and the bleeding was light but lasted about 4 weeks and 3 weeks after the bleeing had stopped I had my next period, so again a 7 week cycle. That period was shorter and heavier than usual and was 3 weeks ago. I'm not doing OPKS but feel like this will be a shorter cycle. Prior to the MC I had about a 35 day cycle.
Hope that helps, good luck with trying

hiya, my first one after my ERPC was light and fairly normal and came at 28 days. I ovulated CD16.

this 2nd AF came at 32 days and is the heaviest AF i have had with TMI lots of clotting and bright bright red. I feel faint and sick and this is never the experience I have had before.
I am praying this is not now how it will be all the time, as i dont think i can cope with the pain - had to take annual leave today as in so much pain and changing pad/tampon every hour or so which isnt really convenient at work.
what a nightmare.
good luck everyone with TTC
xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"