Your favourite mince pies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

babyerin

mama to one and pg
Reaction score
Do you have a favourite type or brand of mince pie?

Weird question I know but today I bought some Costco mince pies!! Heavenly! I feel so festive now...although its still september!! :haha:

Homemade mince pies are the best! With brandy icing... ooohhh I'm so baking this weekend :haha:

None l they are all vile :sick: lol

I love the ones i had last year where i could taste the cinnamon they were amaze.

mine are the costco ones with sponge ontop YUM.

I like any that arent full of alcohol or peel. the finest ranges tend to have booze & mr kiplings are rank. I like M&S deep filled ones.

Any! Nomnom nomnomnomnom! Hahahhaaaa! :rofl:

I love sainsburys taste the difference brandy rich star topped mini ones!! So gorgeous. I've 2 packs in my shop this week :)

I like the M&S and Sainsburys ones - especially the iced ones. I don't like the ones that are covered in chunky sugar, that look big but when you bite into them are only a quarter full and the pastry is all thin and crumbly - yeuchh.
xx

I only eat the homemade ones (i'm so fussy :haha:) xx

Do you mean mince meat pies?

Tesco's finest or sainsburys taste the difference. I love them, hmmmm didnt realise they were in shops already......... :)

My homemade ones are my favourite. I use Nigella's recipe for orange pastry, and the Hairy Bikers' mince meat recipe (it's so boozy that it keeps for two years!).
I love Greggs mince pies, too.

Going to attempt my own this year (with the help of Jus-roll :haha:)

M&S with icing on!
Or any m&s ones heated in the microwave for a few seconds with a dollop of ice cream.

I'm not fussy ill eat most but don't like the ones that have brandy in them. The taste of brandy is so overpowering

Gregs and tesco finest won last year
I normally start in Oct and but every brand possible to find the best so i am not disappointed over xmas lol
Well thats my excuse anyway lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back