Your husbands/boyfriends?

luckyme225

Reaction score
How does your significant other feel about all the WTT baby crazy madness? My husband does OK, I think sometimes he thinks I'm a little silly. Though I'm getting better about not be so consumed by it this time around. Last time I used to talk about it ALL the time.

Hes really looking forward to ttc so we do have little chats about baby names etc (he buys star wars lego on the pretense its for future booflets :rofl:) xxx

Mine deals with my broodiness quite well I think. He only ever gets a bit annoyed if I try to inflict too much information on him, but generally he likes to look at clothes I pick out on websites, talk about name preferences etc :) xxxx

My OH doesn't quite understand why I think about it so much now. He's more of the "I'll think about it when the time comes" school. :shrug: I think it's easier to be like that as a guy, because it's all less real until the baby is made and in your arms. But for us ladies, it starts with preparing ourselves for pregnancy. Saying that, he does have moments where he will talk about baby names, age gaps, what type of birth we'd like, to name a few... but then I get carried away and he clams up again :haha: oops! xx

He thinks im daft. Hew thinks were still too young for kids and that we should enjoy the here and now.

My OH doesn't quite understand why I think about it so much now. He's more of the "I'll think about it when the time comes" school. :shrug: I think it's easier to be like that as a guy, because it's all less real until the baby is made and in your arms. But for us ladies, it starts with preparing ourselves for pregnancy. Saying that, he does have moments where he will talk about baby names, age gaps, what type of birth we'd like, to name a few... but then I get carried away and he clams up again :haha: oops! xx

Yes- exactly xxxx

Mine is looking forward to it - he didnt take part enough in TTC and pregnancy when I had my LO, and I'm thinking he feels like he missed out (his fault though!)

When we were TTC last spring/summer - it was my fiance that brought up everything first, and was the one that wanted a child first and worry about the wedding later.

So now that we are engaged and have both decided to wait until after the wedding - I am now broodier than him. We both have placed all our TTC energy into wedding planning.

I can't wait until we are back to TTC.

I think my husband is used to it as it's been going on for the past 4 years. Most of the time he lets me get on with it but he does join in occasionally

That is my OH all over!! He doesn't see any point in thinking about it now but every now and again he will let me talk about things but I'll always get carried away and he will just drift off and then I'll get annoyed and claim he doesn't care enough! haha. So silly.

Mine is totally ready to start TTC, but he knows we have to wait.

Ever since he became 'ready' at the end of last year he's talked about babies loads and will point out cute babies to me and is even watched the baby programs on TV with enthusiasm. He keeps saying he wants to try now, but our sensible heads know it's best to wait a while longer.

I feel very lucky, though it does make my own broodiness far worse!

my OH is just as excited as me, i no he can't wait to do the whole ttc, pregnancy birth and baby thing all over again. i think on the quite he's thrilled i want more, as i always thought one was all i wanted, so james is all into it, and ready to try now. i was the one who put it on hold last year, then we booked our wedding, and now we're on hold till we've been to florida to get married :cloud9:

Ha ha my husband is worse than I am, I think he is more baby mad than me :p always talking about it, wants to help with ovulation sticks and charting yesterday.

Mine is totally ready to start TTC, but he knows we have to wait.

Ever since he became 'ready' at the end of last year he's talked about babies loads and will point out cute babies to me and is even watched the baby programs on TV with enthusiasm. He keeps saying he wants to try now, but our sensible heads know it's best to wait a while longer.

I feel very lucky, though it does make my own broodiness far worse!

Yes totally I wasn't so bad but then he started and I just got worse..

My OH is the one pushing to TTC. All he goes on about is kids :haha: I know I should be happy but sometimes it drives me insane :haha: I am just happy floating along with the world but he wants LO's running all around our feets ... eek!

My DH took a while to warm up to the idea, although he's always said we wanted kids. But now that it's getting closer he's getting really excited. :happydance: He's reading pregnancy and baby books and trying to learn as much as possible. he also loves One Born Every Minute. He points out cute babies and toddlers and to his great credit NEVER complains when I talk about it. His big thing is fixing up the house ready for LO. He also keeps telling me how cute and clever and funny he thinks our kids will be.:cloud9:

So if anyone's OH is still in the awkward phase: Don't give up hope! It sometimes just takes them a while. :thumbup:

My hubby thinks we'll jinx things by talking about it. Says he'll get more into it once I'm pregnant. And I thought I was superstitious!

He never complains just keeps telling me he's not shifting on January, but then isn't as careful as he should be! I think he secretly wants to TTC but doesn't feel ready to make the step

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->