Your mum being on holiday around your due date!

tommyg

Mum to Smurf & TTC
Reaction score
My cousin is getting married overseas. My mum and dad who never had a holiday this year are planning to go and make a 2 week holiday out of it. I really want them to go for their sakes as well as my cousin and her family.

However I've just found out I'm due about 3 days before the wedding. My parents don't know I'm expecting yet and it's very early days so anything could happen.

What would you do?

What would you do about what?
If you mean going to the wedding yourself then it's a no, they wouldn't let you fly then anyway.

If you mean about your mum going then it's not really your decision, you should just tell your mum and let her decide what to do. You could quite easily go a week or two over on your dates, and if you are in hospital for a few days then your mum could be back by the time you leave. Or she might decide to go on holiday earlier and come back just after the wedding. It's really up to her to decide once you tell her. I'm sure you could cope without her for a few days if you know when she will be back x

I would have to let my mom make that decision. My mom is the only one I trust to look after my son overnight so would help felt in a difficult situation if I was in your shoes but I couldnt ask her not to go. I would just have to find someone else to have LO.

I think until you tell your mom your expecting you wont know what will happen.

Congratulations on your pregnancy xx

I think it's now irrelevant, think I've just had another chemical and started bleeding.
However this morning I couldnt decide if I should persuade mum to go or not because I know her first feeling would have been to stay home with me. Doesn't look like it's anything I need to worry about.

In the same situation. Lost my folks so my in laws are it and they're gonna be away for 3 weeks in May when I'm die. The way I look at it is that they'll get to see my baby whenever they want so It's not the end of the world that they won't be there straight after the birth. Hubby will be there and that's all that matters!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->