Your Name/ OH's Name as a middle name

Sun_Flower

Mum to 2 Beautiful Girls
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm posting this to get your opinions on something - we're thinking of naming our little one Erin, and OH suggested Rachel as a middle name. Thing is, that's my name. I know you hear all the time of little ones with their grandparents names as middle names, and other relatives middle names, but is giving your LO your name as a middle name a bit... I dunno... pretentious or big headed? I do really like Erin Rachel as a name though.

Any other suggestions for a middle name would be appreciated :D

My DH has his dad's name as his middle name, never really thought anything of it. Certainly never thought it was my FIL being pretentious. I think it's something I see more commonly in boys, but I don't see why it can't be the same for girls and their mums.

Erin Rachel sounds lovely, by the way. :flower:

Our eldest son has DH's middle name as his middle name. Jake has his grandads name as his middle name. I think its quite normal, I wouldn't say big-headed at all

My DH has his dad's name as his middle name, never really thought anything of it. Certainly never thought it was my FIL being pretentious. I think it's something I see more commonly in boys, but I don't see why it can't be the same for girls and their mums.

Erin Rachel sounds lovely, by the way. :flower:

Maybe that's why I'm thinking it's a little odd then, I definitely agree that it's more common in boys

My middle name is my mum's first name. I was going to give Harvey OH's name as a middle name but OH didn't want to. Harvey ended up with my grandad's name as a middle name as I like the idea of family names as middle names.

I think Erin Rachel goes really well together.

I like Erin Rachel- they go well together :)

What about:

Erin Grace
Erin Julia
Erin Rae

:)

I think it would be fine! I'm all about family names, no matter where they come from :)

My uncles name is Paul Andrew, and he has 2 sons (married in cousins) called Paul Andrew and Andrew Paul lol. So I don't think there's anything wrong with giving them middle names that are the same as yours. Not as unusual as having the complete same name :p

XxX

I research family history and giving parents christian names as middle names in quite common and traditional. Also giving children the same name as their parent and a different middle name was very common, but as they got older they used their middle names, I suppose to speratve themselves from being mistaken as their parents.

Another common thing to do was to give surnames as middle names. For example girls were usually given their mother's maiden name as their middle name. This happened with boys too in an attempt to stop certain family names dying out.

If we have a boy we're hoping to give him DH name as his middle name, Jack Vincent.

My brother has 2 middle names and one of them is our dad names, ive never thought it was strange but maybe thats because there was another middle name to go along with it? xxx

I think Erin Rachel is a lovely name.
And i dont think there is anything pretentious about having your first name as her middle name.
Go for it! :thumbup:

I don't think it's pretentious at all. It's nice that your OH suggested it, and Erin Rachel is a gorgeous name.

My father's name is my grandfather's name switched around; Albert Arthur instead of Arthur Albert. xD

That being said; I do not personally like Erin Rachel. It doesn't have the flow I look for with names, but it's pretty nonetheless. I think what gets me is that both names are 2 syllables, and I prefer a single syllable first name with a longer syllable middle name, or vice versa.

I can't really think of any suggestions at the moment, but I don't think it's weird to give baby a middle name that is your name, oh's name, or a family name.

OH and I have decided that when/if we have a son, he will have either my father or my grandfather's name as his middle name.

If I have a girl, she will have the middle name Kate, which is a nickname for my name. I don't think it is weird at all :)

I gave my DD my Mum's name as her middle name - Charlotte Mary. I think Erin Rachel is a great name.

One of my daughters has my name as her middle name and one of my sons has my husbands name as his middle name. All my other children have granparent/great grandparents names as their middle names, apart from Madeleine, who's first name is also after my nan. xx

alfie has 3 mns brayden a name i liked
robert my ex's dads name
william my ex's mn and also my ex's eldest sons mn

I like Erin Rachel!

I dont think its weird to have your name as babys middle name either I know a family that has used the mothers name as a middle name for all her girls, which is cute they all share it.
Their names are:

Mum: Anne

Daughters are:

Stacie Anne
Amie Anne
Katie Anne

I like Erin Rachel!

I dont think its weird to have your name as babys middle name either I know a family that has used the mothers name as a middle name for all her girls, which is cute they all share it.
Their names are:

Mum: Anne

Daughters are:

Stacie Anne
Amie Anne
Katie Anne

Awwww! I think that it so neat! Never seen that before!

My brother has our dad's first name as his middle name. It's a lovely idea and Erin Rachael is very pretty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->